“What's up with this place?”

Comfort Suites- Norwich
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 24 July 2014

First important comment: Didn't actually check in ... pulled into the parking lot to check in. This place is isolated and sits next to some kind of trucking transfer station. At 7 PM there were literally 2 cars on the parking lot. It looked completely deserted except for a couple rough looking guys sitting in front smoking. I really wondered if it was actually open. Seriously ... the place looks fine ... if it were sitting somewhere that felt safe. There was no way I was going any further. Sorry Comfort Suites, but this can't be a winner in this location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The room we stayed in was great. It had everything we needed and looked good. The hotel lobby looked very shabby though. There was also a long wait to check in. The attendant was very pleasant but she could only take one at a time and there were at least 10 people waiting. They need more help at the desk. It needs some major updating. The location was good for us - not to far from the Mohegan Sun Casino where we had a show to go to.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived at hotel around 4:30pm. Was waiting online to check in. One woman checking in everyone. Multiple people coming back with complaints about room. Get to counter they only have one out of two of my room reservations. Tell me they will call the manager to come in and help with my issue. 7 hours later I still only have one out of the two rooms, both of which were paid for in advance. The manager tells me she will comp my room but meant the room I didn't have. She didn't comp my room. She did nothing for me.

People were checking in at midnight and there were no rooms for them that were clean.

Will never stay here again.

This place is a joke and whoever owns this place doesn't know how to run a hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

If I would have stayed one night this review would have been much different. I was there on a corporate account. I stayed 3 weeks and 7 times my room didn't get cleaned. The staff at the front desk are highly trained to look in you straight in your face and lie about everything and
anything. Be sure to offer the food cooked in the hotel to your dog before you eat it...as a test. The hotel was condemned wile I was there. The fire alarm went off three times in 4 days. I went running down the stairs in my pajamas - yep middle of the night. The first two were false alarms but blared for 20 minutes because the staff didn't know how to turn it off. So, needless to say I didn't respond to the third one...wouldn't you know...A flipping real fire! Ok, I left.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked here over a month in advance for us and another couple. When we checked in we had 2 twin beds in both rooms instead of the king beds we booked. When I asked the girl at the front desk she barely looked at me and said "that's what happens when people book last minute". And didn't offer any solutions. We asked how the shuttle runs and she rolled her eyes and just said "every half hour" leaving out you have to sign up for times or can't ride. Which led to an issue with the shuttle driver. I spoke with a manager, Karla after my stay and she offered me a refund and 2 months later I have no refund and can never reach a manager by phone. I emailed corporate and got an email from the general manager, and never heard back when I replied. I will never recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Emerald R
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My friend and I booked and paid for a hotel room at this hotel weeks before a concert we saw at Mohegan Sun. We went to the concert and upon going back to the hotel to check in, we find out at 1 o'clock in the morning that they have no more rooms available for us, even though we booked the room weeks in advance. The hostess basically said there was nothing she could do about it and didn't offer to find us another room in the area. She also said that she would have to turn down another party that night, talking like it was totally acceptable. That Monday, I contacted the GM of the hotel, Karla Jasso, to get my refund. She stated that they didn't have a record of our reservation and no refund was provided.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Smw143
Reviewed 22 June 2014

From the fire alarm going off the first night due to their own workers, to the washer over flowing, to the toilet clogging, to the horrible smell from the place just being dirty, to the very poor responses of the management and staff, I will never be staying there again. I recommend that you avoid it also, most comfort inns are good but this one needs a lot of work and until the mgmt changes this place is doomed. Even the breakfast was bad.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel