The Beachhouse
US$38
Katerina Hotel(Agia Marina)
US$59
US$57
Senia Studios(Agia Marina)(Great Value!)
US$49
Hotel Magda(Agia Marina)
  • Pool
Hotel Hermes(Agia Marina)
TripAdvisor
Ta Tria Adelfia(Agia Marina)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbeach houseprivate beachgreat hostsamazing placeother guestsbeautiful locationwithin walking distanceaegina townfantastic cocktailsperfect place to relax and unwindspent a week hereperfect stayboat tripsmall villagedoor stepsaronic gulfoff season
Reviewed 15 June 2013

From the moment I started dealing with Vonny, I knew I had made the right decision. She gave me loads of information about her accommodation.

A group of us went on holiday last month to this amazing place - right on its own private beach on the beautiful Greek island of Aegina. When we arrived, Vonny was waiting for us on the quayside. I recognised her immediately as I joined her Facebook group which kept me up to date with what was going on at 'Vonny's' in the long time leading up to our own holiday.

The first thing she did was take us all to a beautiful little church by the sea and we all lit a candle, made a wish and looked at the all the beautiful icons. We all agreed that this little touch meant so much to us and was such a good introduction to everything that Vonny is about. She also took us to the local supermarket so we could stock up on water, drinks and snacks. We arrived at our studios - which were more than just studios - they were mini apartments - and so reasonably priced with everything you need including a full sized fridge freezer! There were little balconies outside and the views - well - they were outstanding. Every morning from our bed we would wake up and see the turquoise Aegean in all its splendour - marvellous. Apparently on a clear night and with a pair of binoculars, you can see the Parthenon in the distance.

Vonny and Renate served us a lovely welcome drink of Ouzo and orange (with lovely little Greek flag) which was extremely welcome after the long journey.

We paid a little extra for the special May/June offer which included a breakfast (served at a nearby hotel), a guided tour around the island (fantastic) and a massage from Renate which was superb as she is a very good qualified masseuse and next time I will pay for extra! They also offered a taxi service to different places on the island. Our favourite place was Marathonas. What was lovely was going out for the day and still having plenty of time to sit on our 'private' beach on our return.

My friends colluded with Vonny and Renate and organised a surprise birthday party for me (I will be 50 this year) on the beach which was amazing and I am so grateful to everybody - including Vonny and Renate who ended staying up until about 2:30 and had to tidy everything away - thank you so much ladies. It was amazing as it has always been my dream to have a real beach party!! Renate made me a lovely mosaic of a lizard which now has pride of place on my living room wall and brings back so many memories.

Every evening, we went around the corner to the Panorama restaurant run by Manos and his lovely family. There were lots of tears on our last night.

There are so many good things to say about this amazing place and the beautiful people who run it, I could go on forever. It was, quite simply - Paradise.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank grantdmc
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Being so close to a beach has always been a dream of mine. The location alone is amazing, added to that very spacious and spotlessly clean apartments.

I cannot wait to return next year.

Cant you tell I love this place!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alison s
Reviewed 4 June 2013

What a beautiful place to stay! Vonny's studio were large,clean and had everything we needed with a magnificent view all day, every day! Renata and Vonny were always on hand to drive us anywhere we needed to go or for advice about any issues we may have had. They jointly arranged a super BBQ on the beach for a 50th birthday and helped us keep it a secret from our unsuspecting friend! The beach was perfect with a hammock and sunbeds at our disposal. The beach was literally on our doorstep. We ate out every night at Manos' bar just around the corner and what a delight it was. Every night the food was spectacular and Manos joined us for a chat at the end of the evening. We all enjoyed it so much we are hoping to go back again next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank paulabb42
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This was our second stay at Vonny Studios on the Beach. We were collected from the port by Vonny. It was a warm welcome and it felt like we were coming home to family.Our first stop was at the little church were we could go in and light a candle. It was very special. Then onto the supermarket to get our supplies while Vonny waited patiently. Coming down the road and rounding the corner where the studios are was just the most wonderful feeling and a sight to behold. Vonny will go out of her way for you, just ask. She will arrange car hire or scooter hire for you. We had BBQ on the beach, the food was great, the company was great and the view couldn't be better. We also enjoyed a Greek night with lovely food, again good company and much laughter. This is organised by Vonny and Marnos and his wife who have the taverna, just around the corner. There is alot to see on the Island of Aegina and a car is recommended as the public transport is not up to scratch but the friendliness of the Greek people make up for that. To top it all you can have a professional massage right on the premises of Vonny Studio by Renata and boy was it good!! So what more can you ask for?! Go and see for yourself.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ANNT33
Reviewed 12 October 2012

What a wonderful holiday! We didn't want to leave. My husband and I don't know where we have felt more relaxed within such a short space of time as we did at Vonny Studios. We enjoyed a spacious, clean apartment with a view that was balm to the spirit; complimentary taxi and shopping services; a personalised island tour and even an invitaion to Vonny's birthday party - all courtesy of Vonnderwoman! We will definitely return, but realise, having written this review, ( our first ever) that we may be shooting ourselves in the foot and that next time we may find the studios fully booked.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple