“HOLIDAY WORTH REPEATING........”

The Beachhouse
Newry, United Kingdom
“HOLIDAY WORTH REPEATING........”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My fiance and I arrived to Aegina on June for 12 days.We have been to Aegina on many occasions before but this time we decided to get an apartment for privacy and to be able to come and go as we pleased.Well i never would have expected what we received from Vonny and Renate .We had arrived after been travelling all day to a warm homely greeting and a welcome drink,the apartment was everything and more.it was comfortable ,clean and adequate for what we needed.We were having our blessing and vonny and renate added extra touches to make it extra special,also champagne on ice afterwards and went out for the evening..they made us feel like we were part of their family.the view was spectular and only 20 steps to the beach.they both organised every day activities ranging from bbq to karaoke,bingo etc....all i can say is this is the place to be.....never will be able to thank the two of them for how they treated myself and neil....

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wymondham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This was by far the best holiday I have yet to experience and it was so much more than a holiday... it was an experience and insight into what the word paradise was created for. The hosts (Vonny & Renata) were perfect, the accomodation was perfect and the surroundings were perfect. I literally could not have asked for anything more... other than to have been asked to stay forever. I can honestly say that I am very much missing it all already and certainly aim to be back sometime soon for another taste of paradise.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Kent, UK
Reviewed 15 June 2013

From the moment I started dealing with Vonny, I knew I had made the right decision. She gave me loads of information about her accommodation.

A group of us went on holiday last month to this amazing place - right on its own private beach on the beautiful Greek island of Aegina. When we arrived, Vonny was waiting for us on the quayside. I recognised her immediately as I joined her Facebook group which kept me up to date with what was going on at 'Vonny's' in the long time leading up to our own holiday.

The first thing she did was take us all to a beautiful little church by the sea and we all lit a candle, made a wish and looked at the all the beautiful icons. We all agreed that this little touch meant so much to us and was such a good introduction to everything that Vonny is about. She also took us to the local supermarket so we could stock up on water, drinks and snacks. We arrived at our studios - which were more than just studios - they were mini apartments - and so reasonably priced with everything you need including a full sized fridge freezer! There were little balconies outside and the views - well - they were outstanding. Every morning from our bed we would wake up and see the turquoise Aegean in all its splendour - marvellous. Apparently on a clear night and with a pair of binoculars, you can see the Parthenon in the distance.

Vonny and Renate served us a lovely welcome drink of Ouzo and orange (with lovely little Greek flag) which was extremely welcome after the long journey.

We paid a little extra for the special May/June offer which included a breakfast (served at a nearby hotel), a guided tour around the island (fantastic) and a massage from Renate which was superb as she is a very good qualified masseuse and next time I will pay for extra! They also offered a taxi service to different places on the island. Our favourite place was Marathonas. What was lovely was going out for the day and still having plenty of time to sit on our 'private' beach on our return.

My friends colluded with Vonny and Renate and organised a surprise birthday party for me (I will be 50 this year) on the beach which was amazing and I am so grateful to everybody - including Vonny and Renate who ended staying up until about 2:30 and had to tidy everything away - thank you so much ladies. It was amazing as it has always been my dream to have a real beach party!! Renate made me a lovely mosaic of a lizard which now has pride of place on my living room wall and brings back so many memories.

Every evening, we went around the corner to the Panorama restaurant run by Manos and his lovely family. There were lots of tears on our last night.

There are so many good things to say about this amazing place and the beautiful people who run it, I could go on forever. It was, quite simply - Paradise.

Room Tip: Just talk to Vonny - she will advise!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank grantdmc
Nelson, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Being so close to a beach has always been a dream of mine. The location alone is amazing, added to that very spacious and spotlessly clean apartments.

I cannot wait to return next year.

Cant you tell I love this place!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alison s
Kent,Gravesend
Reviewed 4 June 2013

What a beautiful place to stay! Vonny's studio were large,clean and had everything we needed with a magnificent view all day, every day! Renata and Vonny were always on hand to drive us anywhere we needed to go or for advice about any issues we may have had. They jointly arranged a super BBQ on the beach for a 50th birthday and helped us keep it a secret from our unsuspecting friend! The beach was perfect with a hammock and sunbeds at our disposal. The beach was literally on our doorstep. We ate out every night at Manos' bar just around the corner and what a delight it was. Every night the food was spectacular and Manos joined us for a chat at the end of the evening. We all enjoyed it so much we are hoping to go back again next year.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank paulabb42
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This was our second stay at Vonny Studios on the Beach. We were collected from the port by Vonny. It was a warm welcome and it felt like we were coming home to family.Our first stop was at the little church were we could go in and light a candle. It was very special. Then onto the supermarket to get our supplies while Vonny waited patiently. Coming down the road and rounding the corner where the studios are was just the most wonderful feeling and a sight to behold. Vonny will go out of her way for you, just ask. She will arrange car hire or scooter hire for you. We had BBQ on the beach, the food was great, the company was great and the view couldn't be better. We also enjoyed a Greek night with lovely food, again good company and much laughter. This is organised by Vonny and Marnos and his wife who have the taverna, just around the corner. There is alot to see on the Island of Aegina and a car is recommended as the public transport is not up to scratch but the friendliness of the Greek people make up for that. To top it all you can have a professional massage right on the premises of Vonny Studio by Renata and boy was it good!! So what more can you ask for?! Go and see for yourself.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ANNT33
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2012

What a wonderful holiday! We didn't want to leave. My husband and I don't know where we have felt more relaxed within such a short space of time as we did at Vonny Studios. We enjoyed a spacious, clean apartment with a view that was balm to the spirit; complimentary taxi and shopping services; a personalised island tour and even an invitaion to Vonny's birthday party - all courtesy of Vonnderwoman! We will definitely return, but realise, having written this review, ( our first ever) that we may be shooting ourselves in the foot and that next time we may find the studios fully booked.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vagia
Vagia Hotel
Xanthippi Hotel Apartments
Irides Luxury Studios
Irides Luxury Studios
#1 of 5 in Souvala

Been to The Beachhouse? Share your experiences!