eDreams
StayForLong
All reviews the river luang prabang boat ride couple of nights elephants trumpeting lao lp temple
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We spent 2 days here, after 2 days in Luang Prabang town. It was a complete change. It is quite isolated, and accessible via a very dusty and rocky road. Your'e not quite sure what to expect. When you arrive, you are greeted by a very quiet and serene place. There is not much to do at the place itself, so don't expect lots of fun stuff. Its just a place to unwind and take in the peace and beauty of the place.
There are only 5 bungalows, so its never busy. The rooms themselves are very attractivly done out and have ceiling fans. There is no AC, as it would not be keeping with the eco friendly theme of the place. The fans are adequate though.
Watch out for the gekco that seems to live in number 1 and 2. It is a bit unsettling at first, but you get quite use to it when you know what the noise is coming from. You may never see Norman (Thats what we took to calling the geko), but you will hear him.

There are treks that you can go on. We went for a 4km trek. Its not too bad, as long as you keep hydrated, and wear long sleeves and trousers. Don't go in shorts. You will be bitten to pieces.
We are vegeterians, and food is always an issue for us whenever we go anywhere. They do have some veggy choice at the resteraunt, but not huge. Keep some snacks in you room in case you get hungry.
Overall, a great place to jus chill out. Would go back.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank khayam m
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We were told by friends that this resort was the best trip experience of their lives. That seemed like high praise, but it is indeed an incredible place. We are not people who crave isolation, but somehow the Lao Spirit makes it very special and not remotely lonely. We did the package with an elephant walk, a trek to a neighboring village of 682 people (one of the best experiences) and a swim in a waterfall. An amazing day. The rooms are lovely, with very comfortable beds and a wonderful bathroom (with a great outdoor shower). The restaurant is great with an extensive menu. The entire staff is delightful. It's a great value, but more importantly a great experience.

Room tip: All the rooms are good.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed 28 October 2012

When travelling through Laos I decided to stay at the Lao Spirit Resort for three days. I was picked up in wonderful Luang Prabang by the always nice and helpful manager. After a short drive through dreamy landscapes and small villages, we arrived at what seemed like a beautiful garden surrounded by thick jungle. The friendly staff greeted me at once and I was brought to the most beautiful bungalow I have ever seen. Polished, dark wood. A big comfortable bed. Beautiful furniture. An amazing outdoor shower. Sitting on my terrace I had the most wonderful view of the river and the surreal mountain range beyond. Everything was so peaceful and serene. While relaxing on my terrace, I felt as if I was there all on my own, but whenever I needed something, there was always someone there to help me out with a lovely smile. The restaurant was superb. I didn't book any of the treks, but I decided to walk to the next village by myself. When the manager's assistant heard of my plans, she told me that one of the staff's members was about to walk to her home in the village, and that she could take me with her so I wouldn't get lost. I gladly accepted. The village itself was a dreamlike experience. A warm and beaming "Sabaideee" followed me wherever I went. On another afternoon I enjoyed a relaxing massage by a young local on my terrace. Since I didn't bring any device with me, the staff also gladly lent me one of their laptops to use in the reception house.

All in all one of the best places I ever stayed at. Definitely an experience of its own.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Max S
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We stayed at the Lao Spirit Resort for 2 nights while on our honeymoon last year and we had such a great stay!
The bungalows are beautiful and have been really well thought out. I particularly liked the outdoor shower room and the large terrace.
The food was superb and good value, especially considering the remote location of the resort.
The staff were lovely, very friendly and helpful.
There is an elephant sanctuary around a 10 minute walk from the resort, along a well-worn but fairly tricky path. We took an elephant ride through the river, which was lots of fun! We also walked along to the nearby village where there are a few small, local, shops and a small temple. We stopped for a Beerlao to watch the world go by.
We booked a hill-tribe trek which was hard going in the rain, but really worthwhile, especially as we'd booked massages on our terrace for when we returned. I would highly recommend a massage - it was amazing to be massaged whilst looking across the river valley to the mountains beyond and listening to sounds of the jungle.
Lao Spirit Resort really feels like you've left the world behind, we left feeling renewed and revitalised.

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone, however people who have difficulties walking would find it hard to make the most of this fabulous place.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I spent about ten days in Lao. Arrived in Vientiane, next day to Vang Vieng, then to Luang Prabang. I felt in love with this city, so I spent around 7 days in that area. After some nights in LP-centre, I was looking for a nice place, just to hang around, relax, meditate. And then I found the "Lao Spirit Resort" - I´m telling you: GIVE YOURSELF A PRESENT and go to this great hotel, in the middle of the jungle, riverside, most friendly staff, it is just amazing! Bungalows with huge windows, open-air-shower, best bed... no words to describe all of it...
Yeah, it is not as cheap as you can get a bed in LP-Centre. However, it is just something very special - you will hard to find elsewhere...
Thanks again to LAO SPIRIT RESORT!

Date of stay: September 2012