“Good but not great”

Applausi Osteria Toscana
Reserve with OpenTable
Applausi Osteria Toscana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We welcome you to the Applausi Osteria. It is our pleasure to show you our restaurant and look forward to serving you with our fine food and service. Please come and join us for dinner in our beautifully appointed dining room. Also, Applausi Osteria specializes in on and off premise catering including corporate functions, rehearsal dinners, large and small weddings, formal and casual cocktail parties, Dinner Parties and Holiday Parties and all of your catering needs. See you soon. Grazie,
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We went to dinner here for the first time Saturday evening - even though we live in Old Greenwich. The restaurant is right next to Upper Crust bagels. Passed it many times but never really thought about eating here. Nice atmosphere but the food didn't really live up to it. I have sea bass which was good but not what I would have expected for the price. My wife had the salmon and liked it. Our friends had lobster ravioli and veal scaloppini - the ravioli were good but the dish only had 5 which was not really enough - the veal scaloppini was very good. Overall an enjoyable evening but not a great value considering the cost. Piero's in Port Chester is much better for about the same price.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Applausi Osteria Toscana deserves it name, applause! Possibly more than any other Italian restaurant that I have visited in the US, this restaurant presents contemporary Italian cuisine to the standard of the best restaurants in Italy. The menu presents a spectrum of enticing offerings. This was our first visit and I had the scallops with speck and the lamb, my wife had a beet salad and the spigola. The scallops were fantastic and the lamb and spigola were beautifully seasoned with fresh herbs. I found a very nice Chianti Peppoli by Antinori on the wine list. However, the wine selections between $40-60, while of very good quality, are limited and the price of wines on the wine list escalates rapidly to bottles costing over $100. Nonetheless our meals were outstanding and we are looking forward to our next opportunity to explore the menu at this restaurant.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

This is a charming little Italian restaurant in the center of Old Greenwich, just about a block from the train station. A quiet, almost romantic setting inside.

The bar is very small, only seating two people. There is a good size TV though at the bar if you're dining alone and want to watch a game while enjoying some nice Italian dishes.

The wine list is adequate and the selections are quite nice. I had a very nice glass of a Super Tuscan.

The salad was fresh and delicious. The pasta fagioli (sp?) was fresh and tasty. I followed it up with a simple spaghetti dish with fresh tomatoes and basil.

The service was efficient, but not overly friendly. Prices were moderate, a good value in the Greenwich area.

All in all, I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Onwed bythe same people at Columbus Park in Stamfors this store front in Old Greenwich is a stand by.
Food is good, some of the pastas excellent the staff friendly.
They have recently updated the dcor but is still not a homey place.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

The food at Applausi is very good if a tad pricey. Welcome to Old Greenwich I guess.
My wife and I brought a client and it was impossible to hold a conversation. In fact, we learned all about the travels of the people at the next table as well as their bucket list. The service was excellent and our host gave us personal attention since it was Sunday night and they were less than full.
The food was well prepared and their take on some traditional Italian dishes wasn't half bad. Veal Milanese came buried under a salad which I removed and ate separately (note to kitchen: concentrate on the veal and forget about the salad.) My wife had the Osso Bucco with "risotto" (actually tasteless saffron rice that was closer to Uncle Ben's than arborio.)
The wine list was terribly over priced and it was a challenge to find a fair valued Barbera. Advice for diners drink beer or sparkling water.