“Awesome stay again!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Old Greenwich
“Awesome stay again!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Diamond Member.

Booked a standard King, no upgrade offered.

Room itself was great. No improvements needed. Customer service is top-notch. Overall the hotel is great.

Bottle of Aquafina was $10, and there was no label that showed its cost. I don't really know what that was all about. Had my cc company refund that.

Wi-Fi is apparently not complimentary but it was comp'd after I asked. Chose an appetizer (which was excellent) and bottle of wine for the amenities, and was given some points since the Club wasn't open.

My only suggestions: Offer complimentary Wi-Fi, or just charge $5 more per room and then make it "complimentary". Also, don't charge $10 for a $2 bottle of water with no sign on the bottle.

Still one of my favorite hotels, and I will continue to keep visiting.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 1stBuy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lambertville, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 January 2014

A big fan of boutique hotels, my recent experiences with Hyatt, whether for business or pleasure, have surprised me! I enjoyed the Coral Gables, Florida, Hyatt very much. And a November stay at the Hyatt Regency in Greenwich, Connecticut, reinforced my new state of fan-dom. It’s a terrific hotel, located on the outskirts (very close to Stamford). Check-in was warm, welcoming and efficient. I adored my room with its PURE influence (healthy, organic, good air), great bed, lots of space, nice bathroom, television had good channel variety. My favorite part? The hotel’s public spaces were located in an atrium with a glass dome – and lots of flora, fauna, running streams, picturesque bridges. My room overlooked this – normally I’d feel claustrophobic without a room that looked outdoors – but I really enjoyed the light, the people watching, and the fact that the atrium was wide enough so that the rooms on the opposite side were far enough away. Also loved the use of trees that gave some privacy.

There’s one quibble, no, two, about this Hyatt Regency and that is the feeling of nickel and diming. I’m not really sure why hotel guests are charged $10 a night to park (we weren’t warned of this beforehand, best I can tell; it just showed up on my bill). Now mind you $10 a night is a bargain in NYC but in this suburban locale, it feels like a rip-off. As well, the bar, which has a terrific ambience, is way overpriced, nonetheless. Food is expensive – a burger is just under $20, and can’t even begin to compare with, say, the $16 burger (with truffle fries) you can get at a nearby Capital Grill. Internet will cost you more than it should these days.

Still, even with these quibbles I’d happily return, and will. But I’ll probably eat off-campus unless the bar gets its prices in line.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Carolyn S
Frenchtown, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Relatively large hotel for the area, with numerous conference rooms.
A large atrium w/ plants and running water - Nice to sit at the bar there and relax a bit.
Tried the atrium restaurant for buffet breakfast - Was pretty average, but we did not leave hungry.
The rooms are okay - some things showing their age and in need of an update soon. Noise travels easily between the walls.
Staff was okay.
Convenient location for business travel, right off I95.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank A_TA_Commenter
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Greenwich Hyatt on New Year's Eve and had a very disappointing experience. Right away upon arrival, we noticed two mostly empty water bottles sitting on our table. We called downstairs to report this just so as not to get charged and got a reply of "that's gross" with no apology. There was no hair dryer and no bathrobes as advertised so we called and asked for them to be brought up. When an employee brought us one robe instead of two and we kindly and apologetically asked for another, he was aggitated and rude. The hotel had only a few tv channels with many major basic channels missing (a big damper on the night as NYE twilight zone is a tradition.) We were told wi-fi was free for the night, but received a bill under the door in the morning (the fee was waived after we brought it to the desk's attention, but this still was an added nuisance.) Although we did not request it, we were assigned a handicapped room, which had a very short shower head. Because it is a beautiful hotel, we had high hopes for our stay, but all of these things added up to a very disappointing experience and a waste of money.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Aletkow
Laura M, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Good afternoon Aletkow,

Thank you for giving us feedback regarding your stay through TripAdvisor! It helps us to improve the guest experience moving forward, but I'm so sorry that you first had to experience such a disappointing visit at our hotel. I sincerely apologize particuarly for the housekeeping inadequacies upon your arrival, insufficient television channels and lacking service from our staff. This is certainly not the impression we would want for you to have of Hyatt, and I can sympathize with those issues.

Although you were not satisfied this stay, we would love to have you back so that we can exceed your expectations! Please let me know if you choose to so that I can arrange for the most comfortable stay for you. Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Greenwich!

Laura

Laura McLoughlin
Front Office Supervisor
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
laura.mcloughlin@hyatt.com
203-637-1234
Houston
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We only stayed one night over New Year's Eve but it was a very comfortable stay. The staff was very welcoming and offered us champaign during check in. We got exactly what we requested especially a quiet room (priceless during New Year's Eve). The rooms were modern (even though the building is old). Beds very comfortable as always!!! The Regency Club was closed so I can't comment on that. The breakfast was good. Generally the hotel seemed very tranquil and the staff was very professional and friendly. Definitely would stay again!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
HNL
Reviewed 31 December 2013

All the reviews are accurate, great customer service, just want to add this is a great hotel for a family on a road trip- huge atrium lobby with a river and pond for kids to wander around in, a really nice indoor pool and hot tob with lots of lounge seating, free parking, and they provide pretty nice rollaways for no charge. Great stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Great hotel, very nice internal atrium and very friendly staff and great service. Very well kept and nice touches like the coffee in the morning. Don't rely on the local courtesy bus service but great base and very close to New York City. Great breakfast and we will be back the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook
Crowne Plaza Stamford
Crowne Plaza Stamford
#5 of 14 in Stamford

Been to Hyatt Regency Greenwich? Share your experiences!