“Upcoming June Stay”

Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Old Greenwich
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband & I visit CT & stay here often. Was saddened they would not guaranty AAA rate for our NINE day stay, as was done in the past. In mid-June, it is doubtful the hotel will be filled to capacity.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Wendy B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,471)

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Since December I have stayed on and off at the Hyatt, and have found people to be amazingly
going out of their way to do everything they could to make my stay as pleasant as possible.
Meghan McNeil has some of the best management skills, she treats her team as she wants to be treated and she loves the job she does which makes a big difference, There are people like
Anthony Larocci, who make it easy and extremely efficient taking you places if you do not have a car, These people work extremely hard to exceed their customers expectations, there is a sense of pride that the Hyatt has always had a trademark for that they certainly up hold. The Hyatt in Greenwich is a very soothing relaxing place, that doesn't feel like a hotel but more like a resort. Luis Feldman has made it such a pleasure to check in and make sure your happy with your rooms, There is a European flair a sophisication that makes you feel away from the rest of the harsh one can sometimes find in the states that makes you ill.
There is no other place I would go stay if you have high standards, expect excellent service or just want to be spoiled this is the place to be.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, as they have a variety of options, you may wish to look at a beautiful attr...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The rooms are spacious, but that's all. The hotel is built around a square courtyard. The only elevator is at the far end so you have to walk forever to get to your room. I do not see an evacuation plan in case of fire and can't imagine how to get out other than jump thru the window. I asked the front desk if there was a quicker way to get out... apparently you can use the staircase for a flight of stairs using your key card. I will look for the stairs today. There were no amenities in the room. I had to go down to the front desk to request a shower cap... so plan ahead. The bed (king size) is the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in. I wonder if they ever upgrade their mattresses. We are staying for a week and surprised upon arrival that we have to pay for parking! (They do mention that on their website). They offer shuttle service per their website: "Area Shuttle Services (Complimentary)" and "complimentary shuttle to various shopping centers and attractions in the area", but when I called for this service and first asked to go two blocks away from the hotel I was turned down. Then I asked to go to Greenwich Avenue. No luck. I was told certain companies pay for this service and that they don't drop anyone off anyplace.
Unfortunately, I booked on Priceline and ended up paying $20 more per day than the Hyatt website. When I called Priceline they told me they cannot do anything about it... so research website and call the hotel for best rates before you book. I've never had a good experience with Priceline.com but I try them from time to time to see if they ever improve. They don't have customer care that cares.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

No free parking and a dark overall feel on top of a horrible floor plan that makes you walk 1/2 mile to rooms far from the elevator make this average at best. I won't stay there anymore and now use the Stamford Sheraton for about the same money

Room Tip: Get close to the elevator if you can
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014

my husband and i were celebrating our wedding anniversary.I told the representative that information when i booked the reservation. Low and behold when my husband and I returned from our dinner in New York, there were complimentary chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne in our room. How Nice!!!!! We were so surprised. Our room was clean and beautiful, we had a view of the atrium and a great buffet breakfast at Winfields Restaurant in the atrium of the hotel. I dealt with 2 wonderful clerks, Marie and Will......loved the check in champagne!

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade for a view of the atrium!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charmagne V
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Specifically I found the group that provided the hotel shuttle bus information and made arrangements, very helpful and polite. The shuttle was a convenient way to get to amenities and shopping nearby like the Stamford centre mall. I discovered toiletries like make- up remover wipes and toothbrush/toothpaste as well as a coffee-maker were available on request although they were slow in coming. The property has a cosy, garden feel with their glass roof in the main area as you enter the hotel. Mainly used for business understandably with its proximity to offices.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have been living in the hotel 2-3 days per week for the last 4 months and they do all that they can to accommodate the business traveler. Staff is friendly, service is efficient and the hotel shuttle/rental car rental in the lobby eliminates the need to rent a car when in Stamford/Greenwich.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators. There is only one elevator bank and if you are away from the ele...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook

Been to Hyatt Regency Greenwich? Share your experiences!