“A wonderful respite”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Old Greenwich
NYC
“A wonderful respite”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Attended a beautiful wedding here this past week-end and we stayed overnight;
the room. the service, the comfort and the amenities were great...coffee was
available & the newspaper at the elevator & Winfield's had a wonderful breakfast buffet,
all in all it was a most enjoyable stay and would easily come again~!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lvoely review about your most recent stay at our preoperty. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Winfield's breakfast buffett, the amenities offered, and the level of service provided. We hope to see you again soon. Please send the bride and groom my best wishes!

Hyatt Regency Greenwich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is such a nice hotel, lovely facilities, beautiful atrium, nice rooms. We were visiting friends and family in CT and NYC, so the location in Old Greenwich turned out to be perfect. Metro North line is 5 minutes away, and you're at Grand Central about 1 hour. Rates at the hotel are peanuts compared with what you'd pay for the same accommodation in NYC!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our property. I am very happy to hear that our property is in a very convenient location in proximity to all of your loved ones. I am also happy to hear that you did enjoy our facilities. Your kind words are greatly appreciated, and will be shared amongst our staff.

If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me at Britney.Papantonio@hyatt.com. I hope to welcome you back to The Hyatt Regency Greenwich again soon!

New York
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Although this property is located in Connecticut, the quick 15 minute drive from White Plains makes this my preferred place to stay. My only complaint would be the $10/night parking fee. The rooms are comfortable and the atrium is a nice place to have drinks after a long day. I got an amazing rate for the hotel room via a tertiary booking site and always enjoy my stays here. The complimentary coffee stations on every floor is always welcome on my way out in the morning,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay experience at our property. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary coffee stations and that your room was comfortable. This is what we strive for! I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our atrium lobby and that our property is located conveniently close by White Plains. I do hope to welcome you back to The Hyatt Regency Greenwich again soon!

new york
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Beautiful property , but far from airports,Ballrooms not special enough for our needs, More of convention center.We have heard nice things, open restaurant and bar terrific. Wasn't special for a wedding, we preferred a more rustic country venue.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for considering us as a venue on sucha special occasion as your wedding. I am sorry to hear that it was not the right fit for you, however, we do still wish you both the best of luck and warm wedding wishes!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were warmly greeted by Meghan at the front desk, who was very helpful in answering our questions about the town and parking, and getting us quarters for the meters! We also were offered Champagne as we checked in, and our rooms were as reserved, both King beds and near each other. The room was long, and had a seating are as well as a desk and large bath, but the AC was not quite powerful enough to keep up with the room size, it was a little warm and we had a window facing the atrium! (not an outside window). The Atrium was lovely, with a very busy bar scene. It was very convenient to our Concourse, and we got a great AAA rate. We would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our The Hyatt Regency Greenwich. We are constantly striving to improve our product and services based on our guests feedback, so your review is greatly appreciated!

I am very happy to hear that you had a warm friendly welcome by Meghan and furthermore that you enjoyed our atrium lobby. I do apoligze, however, that the AC in your room was not working properly. We would love to welcome you back to our property again soon! If I can be of any assistance in booking a future stay, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at Britney.Papantonio@hyatt.com. Thank you again!

Sandwich, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Really nice hotel ...... the atrium area is like being in the tropics with palm trees and water falls and streams -- great atmosphere and ambiance. The staff were friendly, pleasant and very helpful and very attentive to their guests.

Room Tip: Went for a ladies weekend on a groupon deal ....... pleasantly surprised !! Had a wonderful time and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to write this very kind review. I very much enjoy your description of our atrium lobby; this defiantly paints a lovely picture. I am very happy to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your ladies weekend away; we would love to welcome you all back anytime! If I can be of any assistance in booking a future stay, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at Britney.Papantonio@hyatt.com. Thank you again!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I checked into the Hyatt Regency Greenwich very late one evening - a delayed and exhausted traveler. My room was just as I requested except it was way too warm. The concerned and attentive bellman quickly adjusted the thermostat and the room cooled down to a comfortable 72 degrees.

However, about 3AM I woke up thinking I might have developed a fever, but when I checked the thermostat the room registered 84 miserable degrees. I worked with the thermostat until I felt cooler air and tried to get some more sleep.

Finally, several hours later - earlier than I had wanted to get up - the heat had returned so I called the front desk, reported the problem, asked them to send someone up and indicated I expected a rate adjustment. They agreed and really flew into action!

A very competent and sympathetic engineer was at my door in about three minutes, removed the wall panel and diagnosed a valve problem which he fixed temporarily until I checked out two hours later as planned. We discussed the problem and he was so apologetic. He indicated he was going to ask management to also waive the cost of my room service breakfast (see below*).

I was given a very generous discount off my room rate and the service was as pleasant and accommodating as any I have experienced anywhere in the world.

The reason I gave the room a "2" is I think someone upstairs knew this valve was troubled and unreliable, but didn't authorize a replacement until it began to cost the hotel in discounts and complaints. As I checked out I was assured this room was being taken "out of service".

In addition to the other staff members who were so professional, I particularly want to recognize Randy Bush, the electrician, for taking ownership of my comfort as well as his mechanical job.

*As for breakfast...it's complimentary if one gets dressed and goes to the breakfast buffet but horribly, insultingly expensive if one
wants to ease into one's day with room service in unrushed dressing gowned solitude. For
shame. Daphne

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Diningoutwithdaphne
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our property. I am very sorry to hear that the temperature of your room was very inconsistent, making your guest room uncomfortable for a large portion of your stay. I am, however, very happy to hear how well our staff handled the issue. I will most defiantly share with Randy your very kind words, he will be very pleased.

You do raise an excellent point regarding the fact that if someone did know that there was an issue with the valve previously, the issue could have been prevented. I will follow up with engineering to ensure that we are taking all preventative measures necessary in order to avoid this problem for the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Greenwich
#5 of 14 in Stamford
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook

Been to Hyatt Regency Greenwich? Share your experiences!