“NICE ROOMS.... SKIP THE FOOD”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Old Greenwich
Blaine, Washington
“NICE ROOMS.... SKIP THE FOOD”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Rooms and hotel has been remodeled since my last stay.... rooms are nice and overall hotel is clean and up to date.

Unfortunately the service and food in the restaurant is another story. Either my standards have improved or the hotel's standards have decreased. Fruit and baked products tasted like they were bought several days before at the local WalMart. I sat for a good 5 mins before anyone bothered to acknowledge me....... The Hyatt used to have a renowned brunch..... no longer the case.

Stay for the hotel skip the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you are pleased with our renovation and the cleanliness of the hotel. However, it is very disappointing to hear that you were dissatisfied with the quality of the food, as well as the service provided. The fact that none of our employees bothered to acknowledge you for a good 5 minutes is very upsetting to me. I will have to address this issue with our food and beverage team so that we can work on this to prevent it from happening again in the future. As for the quality of the food I must address this with the head chef to regarding the quality of the fruit and baked products.

Thank you again for providing us with this feedback so that we can make an effort to improve our hotel and enhance our guests’ experience. Please contact if you have any further questions or feedback at Britney.Papantonio@hyatt.com.

Hyatt Regency Greenwich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Miami
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

My stay here was arranged by my company due to business and not necessarily my first choice. The hotel is pretty but a bit large (the way it is laid out) to be more personal. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean and have most of the basic necessities. One thing I did not like very much was the long hallways, from one end they look like a time tunnel. Another complaint I have is that they offer a courtesy shuttle to some locations in the area but what they do not mention so clearly is that it depends on availability and while they say "first come, first served" that was not what happened in my case. My advise to anyone wishing to rely on this service to be prepared for an alternative method of transportation. Also, the Atrium is a beautiful area to relax with friends while having an evening cocktail but I found it unpleasantly cold in the evening, so bring a sweater along just in case.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Good Evening,

Thank you providing us with some excellent feedback regarding your past experience at The Hyatt Regency Greenwich. I am glad to hear that you thought the rooms were comfortable and clean, but I am very sorry to hear that we neglected to inform you that our complimentary shuttle is based on availability. Thank you for the feedback regarding the uncomfortable temperature of the atrium; this we will defiantly take action on immediately.

I do apologize again for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at Britney.Papantonio@hyatt.com.

NYC
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Attended a beautiful wedding here this past week-end and we stayed overnight;
the room. the service, the comfort and the amenities were great...coffee was
available & the newspaper at the elevator & Winfield's had a wonderful breakfast buffet,
all in all it was a most enjoyable stay and would easily come again~!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lvoely review about your most recent stay at our preoperty. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Winfield's breakfast buffett, the amenities offered, and the level of service provided. We hope to see you again soon. Please send the bride and groom my best wishes!

Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is such a nice hotel, lovely facilities, beautiful atrium, nice rooms. We were visiting friends and family in CT and NYC, so the location in Old Greenwich turned out to be perfect. Metro North line is 5 minutes away, and you're at Grand Central about 1 hour. Rates at the hotel are peanuts compared with what you'd pay for the same accommodation in NYC!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our property. I am very happy to hear that our property is in a very convenient location in proximity to all of your loved ones. I am also happy to hear that you did enjoy our facilities. Your kind words are greatly appreciated, and will be shared amongst our staff.

If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me at Britney.Papantonio@hyatt.com. I hope to welcome you back to The Hyatt Regency Greenwich again soon!

New York
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Although this property is located in Connecticut, the quick 15 minute drive from White Plains makes this my preferred place to stay. My only complaint would be the $10/night parking fee. The rooms are comfortable and the atrium is a nice place to have drinks after a long day. I got an amazing rate for the hotel room via a tertiary booking site and always enjoy my stays here. The complimentary coffee stations on every floor is always welcome on my way out in the morning,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay experience at our property. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary coffee stations and that your room was comfortable. This is what we strive for! I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our atrium lobby and that our property is located conveniently close by White Plains. I do hope to welcome you back to The Hyatt Regency Greenwich again soon!

new york
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Beautiful property , but far from airports,Ballrooms not special enough for our needs, More of convention center.We have heard nice things, open restaurant and bar terrific. Wasn't special for a wedding, we preferred a more rustic country venue.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for considering us as a venue on sucha special occasion as your wedding. I am sorry to hear that it was not the right fit for you, however, we do still wish you both the best of luck and warm wedding wishes!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were warmly greeted by Meghan at the front desk, who was very helpful in answering our questions about the town and parking, and getting us quarters for the meters! We also were offered Champagne as we checked in, and our rooms were as reserved, both King beds and near each other. The room was long, and had a seating are as well as a desk and large bath, but the AC was not quite powerful enough to keep up with the room size, it was a little warm and we had a window facing the atrium! (not an outside window). The Atrium was lovely, with a very busy bar scene. It was very convenient to our Concourse, and we got a great AAA rate. We would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our The Hyatt Regency Greenwich. We are constantly striving to improve our product and services based on our guests feedback, so your review is greatly appreciated!

I am very happy to hear that you had a warm friendly welcome by Meghan and furthermore that you enjoyed our atrium lobby. I do apoligze, however, that the AC in your room was not working properly. We would love to welcome you back to our property again soon! If I can be of any assistance in booking a future stay, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at Britney.Papantonio@hyatt.com. Thank you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Greenwich
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook
Crowne Plaza Stamford
Crowne Plaza Stamford
#5 of 14 in Stamford

Been to Hyatt Regency Greenwich? Share your experiences!