“Good value”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Old Greenwich
New York City, New York
“Good value”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful although it's kind of fortress looking when you drive up. Postives would be: the hotel staff is exceptional. Friendly, courteous and always willing to assist. The main lobby is gorgeous, like a tropical paradise. We had a rate that included breakfast. The buffet breakfast was very good. Lots of variety and the food was tasty. There was a free shuttle to the beach which was very nice and saved us having to pay a $20 parking fee. Now the negatives: The hotel room was spacious with a beautiful view of the atrium lobby. However, the room was freezing cold and no matter how much we raised the thermostat it wouldn't get much warmer. The walls were paper thin, you could hear hallway noise and people flushing the toilet in the room next door. No coffee maker in the room. They put coffee out near the elevator, every morning, but if you didn't have a room near the elevator, what good was that? The shower head didn't spray wide enough. The pool area had the potential to be nice, but there was no lifeguard and it was constantly filled with noisy splashing kids. There was no enjoyment for Adults. The hotel should have a cut off for children at 8 pm, or else periodic adult swims only. The gym was very nice but the water cooler was broken for three days in a row and there was no alternative. So after a workout when you were tired and thirsty, there was no available water. I would come back but there is definitely room for improvement.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for writing about your stay at The Hyatt Regency Greenwich. This is greatly appreciated, as we are always trying to improve our product and services based on our customer’s feedback. After carefully reading your review, I am very pleased to read that you found our staff to be most courteous. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet at Winfield's. I like how you described our atrium lobby as a "tropical Paradise." And furthermore, I like how you broke down the review by separating the positives followed by the negatives; this will be very helpful for other travelers.

I do apologize that the temperature of your guest room was consistently too cold, as I can see how uncomfortable this must have been for you. I am also very sorry that your room was very noisy. I am not sure what room you were in, but unfortunately some of our rooms are adjoining so they tend to be a bit noisy with the connecting door, nonetheless, I am very sorry for this disturbance.

I will speak with our engineering team regarding the possibility of new shower heads with a wider range. Also, you do raise an excellent idea to set aside a time for an adult swim which I will raise with them as well.

If you would like to book with us again in the future as I hope you will, Please feel free to contact me at britney.papantonio@hyatt.com prior to your arrival so that I can block you for a quiet room with a coffee maker pre placed in the room.

Hyatt Regency Greenwich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel numerous times and it is a nice place close to NYC and great for travelers. I always had a positive experience that I do not contact them in advance to make sure I get a quiet room, which I always do.

It is conveniently located near 95 and even though it feels like it is in the middle of nowhere, it is actually not far away from Greenwich Center and Stamford, CT where you they have everything including Whole Foods Market and various restaurants and a big shopping mall. Hotel's lobby is beautiful like a little oasis, you can just sit there and relax, which many people do.

It is a very large hotel and feels like a maze at times. It has large meeting rooms and I remember them having events there often. I have many pictures of the lobby from my previous trips, unfortunately I arrived late this time and left early so could only take one picture.

I stayed in a king bedroom and it was huge. There is a small fridge in the room. I believe there is no coffee maker, but they have free coffee/tea by the elevators every morning. Room was (as always) clean and well kept. It is not a brand new hotel, but it is in good shape, definitely acceptable in my terms. Bathroom was also clean and good sized. I love that they do not have the disgusting bed spreads on the bed, just a comforter and pillows. I find those things disgusting and unsanitary. I am sure hotels do not wash them each time guests leave, so I am happy to see that they got rid of the bedspreads. I hope most hotels adopt that change.

My biggest concern is always noise, but I never remember having any issues in this hotel, so I keep coming back. I recommend it to solo travelers as well as families since the rooms are large enough to accommodate larger groups.

I believe there is free WIFI, they gave me a code, but I did not try or use it, again I was there late at night. You pay for parking, which is the only downside. It has a huge lot and it is not walking distance to anything so to me it is an unnecessary charge. It is close to NYC, about 35 miles to mid 50s Manhattan, which takes about 45 minutes. It is doable, I have done that many times, but it gets tiring quickly unless you love to drive. Also if stay a few days parking fee in the hotel plus NYC plus any tolls will add up.

Overall I recommend Hyatt Greenwich to everyone and I am sure I will be back when in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors away from elevators if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking to the time to write such a detailed review regarding The Hyatt Regency Greenwich. I do appreciate you staying with us so frequently, as well as all of the feedback you have provided us and other trip advisor viewers. I particularly like how you used the word "Oasis" to describe our atrium lobby, this was very nicely worded. A very special thanks goes out to you for recommending us to all different types of travelers!

I am glad to hear that you were very pleased with the size of your room, and furthermore, that it was very clean and in good condition. I do, however, apologize for the long walk from the self-parking and for the fee associated.

We always look forward to hearing from you and we hope to see you again soon!

Manhattan, New York, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My favorite place to stay at in the area. Keep coming back and have been here so many times that some of the managers remember my last name... Besides spotless clean and beautifully setup rooms, very nice fitness center and swimming pool, great bar and restaurant food, super courteous staff that is beyond helpful with any of your requests, the green atrium in the center of this hotel makes staying here very special. Right when you walk in you enter huge, four stories tall atrium with real palm, ficus and bamboo trees and multiple ponds, even few birds, that has huge tranquilizing effect. This hotel is my sanctuary when coming from New York City - which is relatively easy to commute to - it takes only 50 minutes on Metro North train.

Room Tip: backyard facing room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for writing this very kind and thoughtful review about The Hyatt Regency Greenwich. This review is an excellent reference to anyone inquiring about our property. We do appreciate this review, as well as having you as a repeat guest with us. Your review paints a beautifully detailed picture of our atrium lobby. It is very heart touching to know that our staff has made you feel at home here.

If there is anything I can do to make any of your stays with us more comfortable, please contact me directly at britney.papantonio@hyatt.com. Thank you again!

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Staff was very friendly on arrival and throughout the stay. The atrium and facilities are nice. The bar is well staffed and easy to access. The restaurant food was good but nothing spectacular for the cost. Rooms are clean and decorated well w/ only small signs if wear. Will stay again.

Stayed July 2014
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for staying with us at The Hyatt Regency Greenwich. I am pleased to hear that you had a great time at our property. I think that your review is very helpful and your kind words regarding our staff and our property are much appreciated. I am very glad to hear that you will be returning to us again in the future; please don't hesitate to contact me directly at Britney.Papantonio@hyatt.com if you need any assistance in booking. I hope to see you again soon!

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed at Hyatt for 2 nights with 2 kids and totally loved the experience. The rooms are very spacious and clean, the pool is great, the food at the restaurants is delicious. Everyone greeted us with a genuine smile and made us feel really welcome. The hotel is is located between Stamford and Greenwich, and the shuttle service is wonderful. A staff member drove us to the city center even though the driver was not available, and then the shuttle picked us up from Stamford when we called the hotel. Overall, a wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone your wonderful experience at our property. I am very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you had pleasant encounters with all of our staff members; this is certainly what we strive for. I hope to see you all again soon!

Daniel Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 June 2014

A decent hotel, but they wanted to charge an outrageous amount for internet service PER DEVICE! What's with that.

My wife and I both have iPads and laptops and internet for four devices would have been through the roof.

I don't see how ANY hotel can justify that kind of charge simply for internet service. The phrase "rip off" comes to mind.

Hotel was also quite noisy. My wife and I were both awakened BOTH nights we stayed there by noise in the hall. For all the money that they're making on internet, you'd think they could apply some sound insulation to the doors to the hallways.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us, as I do highly value your feedback. I am very happy that you stayed at our property, but I am very disappointed to hear that you and your wife were awoken from your slumber both nights due to noisy neighbors. I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been to fall asleep when you could hear people outside your door all night, and for this I do apologize. The last thing we want is for our guests to not have a tranquil and relaxing stay.

I am very sorry that we have to charge for the WI-FI in the guest room. Although we do offer it complimentary in the atrium lobby, I know that this does not make up for the inconvenience of the guest room charge for it.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for all of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Do not hesitate to contact me at britney.papantonio@hyatt.com, if you have any other feedback, or if I can assist at all in booking you a future stay with us.

Blaine, Washington
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Rooms and hotel has been remodeled since my last stay.... rooms are nice and overall hotel is clean and up to date.

Unfortunately the service and food in the restaurant is another story. Either my standards have improved or the hotel's standards have decreased. Fruit and baked products tasted like they were bought several days before at the local WalMart. I sat for a good 5 mins before anyone bothered to acknowledge me....... The Hyatt used to have a renowned brunch..... no longer the case.

Stay for the hotel skip the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Britney P, Hospitality Specialist at Hyatt Regency Greenwich, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you are pleased with our renovation and the cleanliness of the hotel. However, it is very disappointing to hear that you were dissatisfied with the quality of the food, as well as the service provided. The fact that none of our employees bothered to acknowledge you for a good 5 minutes is very upsetting to me. I will have to address this issue with our food and beverage team so that we can work on this to prevent it from happening again in the future. As for the quality of the food I must address this with the head chef to regarding the quality of the fruit and baked products.

Thank you again for providing us with this feedback so that we can make an effort to improve our hotel and enhance our guests’ experience. Please contact if you have any further questions or feedback at Britney.Papantonio@hyatt.com.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Greenwich
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook
Crowne Plaza Stamford
Crowne Plaza Stamford
#5 of 14 in Stamford

Been to Hyatt Regency Greenwich? Share your experiences!