The hotel is beautiful although it's kind of fortress looking when you drive up. Postives would be: the hotel staff is exceptional. Friendly, courteous and always willing to assist. The main lobby is gorgeous, like a tropical paradise. We had a rate that included breakfast. The buffet breakfast was very good. Lots of variety and the food was tasty. There was a free shuttle to the beach which was very nice and saved us having to pay a $20 parking fee. Now the negatives: The hotel room was spacious with a beautiful view of the atrium lobby. However, the room was freezing cold and no matter how much we raised the thermostat it wouldn't get much warmer. The walls were paper thin, you could hear hallway noise and people flushing the toilet in the room next door. No coffee maker in the room. They put coffee out near the elevator, every morning, but if you didn't have a room near the elevator, what good was that? The shower head didn't spray wide enough. The pool area had the potential to be nice, but there was no lifeguard and it was constantly filled with noisy splashing kids. There was no enjoyment for Adults. The hotel should have a cut off for children at 8 pm, or else periodic adult swims only. The gym was very nice but the water cooler was broken for three days in a row and there was no alternative. So after a workout when you were tired and thirsty, there was no available water. I would come back but there is definitely room for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located less than 5 minutes from the Stamford Business District and train station and 20 minutes from White Plains, NY. Easy access off I-95, Exit 5. Only 45 minutes by train from Manhattan. Complimentary shuttle service available within a five-mile radius. All guestrooms are wired for complimentary high-speed & wireless internet access. Surrender to the Hyatt Grand Bed - featuring luxurious goose down pillows, triple sheeting, a thick down blanket - all piled atop a Sealy Posturepedic pillow top mattress. Check-in or out with a simple touch of a screen using the Express Check-in Kiosk. Retrieve flight information and boarding pass using the Hyatt Fast Board technology. Enjoy our Stay Fit at Hyatt program at the fitness center featuring Life Fitness cardio and strengthening machines with individual flat screen TVs, as well as an indoor pool and whirlpool. Satisfy your appetite for breakfast, lunch and dinner at Winfield's Restaurant winner of the Best Sunday Brunch by Greenwich Magazine. Relax in the Gazebo Bar for a specialty cocktail and a light fare menu. Or enjoy the ultimate in convenience when you dine in the comfort of your own room with our extensive Room Service menu. Restore your spirits after a workout with a power drink or snack at our Hyatt Stay Fit Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Greenwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Greenwich Hotel Old Greenwich
- Greenwich Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Old Greenwich
- Hyatt Regency Old Greenwich