I stayed with my wife and kids and we had a great time. We had plans in Greenwich so this location was great for us since we didn't have to get back on 95 just to get around town. There's a little strip mall down the hill but you'll want/need a car since this hotel isn't right in downtown Greenwich.
The staff was pleasant, helpful, and ultra courteous. Check-in was fine, bellman was totally professional and our room was ready and waiting. The beds were just what you want after a long drive as they were completely comfy and cozy. The room left nothing to be desired and was just what I expected.
If your room faces the back of the building, like ours, you may not have much of a room to speak of. Our room had plenty of natural light but being on the fourth floor, we looked out on the roof of a lower part of the hotel. Some of the room that face the inside of the building look out over the lobby garden.
Our stay was at the very end of May and when we pulled in, I felt the flower beds out front needed attention. It just looked like nothing had been done to ready the landscaping for spring, aside from mowing the lawn. A hotel like this would add to it's impression on guests if it could really wow you with some attractive, above-average landscaping when you first pull onto the property.
Although, as stated, our room was perfect, the tall tower at the corner of the hotel closest to the road, which bears the Hyatt Regency name, showed signs of needing some paint and window sill maintenance on the outside. This doesn't look to be part of where guests stay but seeing as how it really identifies the hotel, it should be in perfect shape. The rest of the building looks great but this tower is a standout feature which should look just as sharp as the rest of the hotel.
I'll close with noting how the garden inside the lobby is absolutely beautiful! This won us over and had a refreshing quality to it that you don't find in every hotel. The greenhouse-style roof lets in all the natural light you could want and the vegetation surrounding the stream of running water looked healthy and lush. This garden had a way of helping you feel like you might be in a warmer climate and was obviously a point of pride for the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located less than 5 minutes from the Stamford Business District and train station and 20 minutes from White Plains, NY. Easy access off I-95, Exit 5. Only 45 minutes by train from Manhattan. Complimentary shuttle service available within a five-mile radius. All guestrooms are wired for complimentary high-speed & wireless internet access. Surrender to the Hyatt Grand Bed - featuring luxurious goose down pillows, triple sheeting, a thick down blanket - all piled atop a Sealy Posturepedic pillow top mattress. Check-in or out with a simple touch of a screen using the Express Check-in Kiosk. Retrieve flight information and boarding pass using the Hyatt Fast Board technology. Enjoy our Stay Fit at Hyatt program at the fitness center featuring Life Fitness cardio and strengthening machines with individual flat screen TVs, as well as an indoor pool and whirlpool. Satisfy your appetite for breakfast, lunch and dinner at Winfield's Restaurant winner of the Best Sunday Brunch by Greenwich Magazine. Relax in the Gazebo Bar for a specialty cocktail and a light fare menu. Or enjoy the ultimate in convenience when you dine in the comfort of your own room with our extensive Room Service menu. Restore your spirits after a workout with a power drink or snack at our Hyatt Stay Fit Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Greenwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Greenwich Hotel Old Greenwich
- Greenwich Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Old Greenwich
- Hyatt Regency Old Greenwich