“Best Ice Cream and Service”

Old Lyme Ice Cream Shoppe & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Old Lyme
old lyme, Connecticut, USA
“Best Ice Cream and Service”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

There are about twenty flavors to choose from. My favorite is toast coconut. The staff is wonderful, a very relaxed atmosphere. The American Work ethic is alive and well here at Old Lyme Ice Cream shop. Get an ice cream or a sandwich, sit outside and see what a wonderful place Old Lyme is.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank LeoIII

Dracut, Massachusetts
“Heavenly”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We are not the type to go out of our way for ice cream. After treating ourselves to the heavenly ice treats at this establishment we will make sure we come back!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Williams84
Hartford, Connecticut
“Deli Food is Excellent with a Gourmet Ice Cream Finish”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Who would expect to find such a diamond in the center of Old Lyme, a historical focus of New Engand art...what a history. These young entrepreneurs have created an exceptional example of American ingenuity...and done it successfully. They focus on what they sell...tasty and seasonal deli offering and a wide range of creative ice cream flavors tied into the seasons...wow, the peach ice cream. I am most impressed with the owner's commitment to hiring youthful students and help them develop the interactive skills that will be with them for their lives. It is obvious that the owners have high expectations of their counter staff...and it is working. The students generally are outstanding in providing a high level of customer service. It will be a regular stop off for their deli offerings and tasty ice cream for our family.

• Visited June 2012
4 Thank Silverfox211
Lyme, Connecticut
“Disapointed”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I have always enjoyed the ice cream here and as older person the maple walnut was also much appreciated. However on the more recent trips I have been disappointed about the level of service, not because of the food or even the service by the young lady who had waited on me. I was very disappointed in the level of disrespect that the older couple behind the counter was showing to the young lady whom worked for them. I found it very disheartening. I will not be returning because I can no longer find it in my heart to finance such behavior. I have also noticed that the selection in flavors has steadily declined in recent years and I long for the Old Lyme family owned charm that it once had.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Anne J
Niantic, Connecticut
“excellent ice cream”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This is the best ice cream around. I have introduced a number of friends to this location and no one has ever left unhappy.

Ice cream flavors vary but on any given day they can they range from french vanilla to Sam Adams.

The ice cream shop also sells fresh made sandwiches and in the summer they have fresh squeezed lemonade.

enjoy!!! As they are worth the drive.

Visited February 2012