“Hidden Gem”

Price range: US$9 - US$27
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Visited Jessie's to celebrate a family birthday. I drive by this place a lot on my way to the grocery store and never noticed it. The restaraunt was B.Y.O.B the first time I visited however try recently obtained their liquor license and have a full bar and wine list available. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Quite suprised by the presentation and overall taste of my main dish and my wife's. The homemade potatoe chips with blue cheese dipping sauce were awesome!. I will definitely return. Give it a chance I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Great food. I had fillet and my wife had scallops. Both were great.
Also a great value if you bring your own wine. We sat outside, service was good but not great.
Location is strange but I'll definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Our friends and we like to attend plays at the Goodspeed Opera House in East Haddam, CT and at the Norma Terris Theatre in Chester, CT periodically. Since we are driving from Massachusetts, we like to go to the matinee performance and have dinner afterwards before the 2 hour drive home. I went on Trip Advisor for recommendations of where to eat in either Chester or Old Lyme, CT. There were quite a few to pick from, but after reading the reviews, we decided on going to Jessie's which was ranked #1 out of 21 restaurants in Old Lyme. What I didn't get from the reviews was that the restaurant is located in a strip mall right next to a package store (which is convenient since the restaurant doesn't have a liquor license and welcomes BYOB), but when you're paying for $25 entrees, I guess I was expecting a view! The atmosphere inside was nice, though a bit small, and the food was delicious, but I think we will try somewhere new next time. The town of Chester is certainly Connecticut(e)!

Reviewed 20 April 2012

My husband and I have been going to Jessies since it opened. We have never been disappointed in the food .... it is always great

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Went for a weekend dinner after visit to Florence Griswold Museum (worth checking out!).
The staff were friendly and attentive. We had lobster bisque (flavorful, little too thick for our liking), Caesar salad with anchovies (fabulous), Grilled Stonington Sea Scallops (fresh-not frozen-and cooked to perfection) served with grilled asparagus (excellent) and creamy risotto (while excellent flavor, she didn't like it with the meal-he did). Passable wine list.
Chose the Banana Cheesecake Xangos for desert (didn't like it). Coffee was fresh and delicious.
Overall, great food and service, but for a dinner out that is ~$120-there are more romantic places to go on the coast of Connecticut.