“an antidote to high blood pressure”
Review of Old Lyme Inn

Old Lyme Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Lyme Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 30 Restaurants in Old Lyme
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, International, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Boston Post Rd.
Transit: Our guests visiting from the I-95 corridor (Boston to New York) may request free pick up from the Old Saybrook, Amtrak-Shoreline East train station.
Description: Our chefs work diligently to offer dishes that run the gamut from traditional selections to unique options that will challenge the way you think about food. The lunch and dinner menu, as well as the wine and cocktail list, change seasonally and employ locally grown and deliciously fresh produce, meat, and seafood; as well as farm-roasted coffee and homemade ice cream.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

loved the outdoor option for meals
loved the menu
loved the food preparation
loved the attentive service
totally relaxing, no pressure from wait staff to hurry

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were travelling through Conn and exited I-95 around Old Lyme to find a good lunch establishment.
We did really well. The Old Lyme Inn is (as its name suggests) primarily an inn, but it has a bar and restaurant, which was quite active for lunch. There was a varied menu: we ordered a delicious spring pea soup, with delicate flavors; an Edaname appetitzer, which I'd never had before and which was enjoyable (and I've bought Edaname at the grocery store as a result); a beet salad and a crab salad. All very good.
I wish we'd been spending the night, because the bartender's martinis looked delicous; but I settled on a draft beer, my wife had iced tea.
If you are travelling I-95 in Conn, do yourself a favor, get off and visit a near-by town to eat. If it is lunchtime near Old Lyme, try the Old Lyme Inn -- you'll like it.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Friendly staff, good food reasonably priced, very nice room (new wing), great Jazz, had a great time. We came for dinner and Jazz and then decided to spend the night. Their web site does not do any justice to the rooms (ours was an impromptu stay and we saw three available rooms). We liked the fried chicken dinner and the home made rolls it came with.

The continental breakfast could be enhanced with fresh baked items and cereal ( good fresh fruit, ok bagel) and the small breakfast room should get more attention with bussing the tables and refilling the coffee and orange juice.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My husband surprise me in our anniversary by taking me to this place and since I get there the service, food and room was great, Also The Side Door Jazz is Awesome!! I really enjoyed and truly recommended,

OLIManager, Manager at Old Lyme Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Good Afternoon,

We are so pleased to read you had an enjoyable and romantic SURPRISE anniversary trip! We strive to make the inn an intimate setting for weekend getaways while providing a familiar home-away-from-home feeling. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property, and please be sure to spread the word!

Thank you and enjoy the rest of this beautiful summer,

Elisa Calkins
Event Coordinator

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The restaurant has a nice ambiance with a nice selection of food, wine and beer. In addition, on weekends there is a Jazz Club.