“Lousy Service...The Worst Ever!!!!”

Lenny's on the beach
Ranked #18 of 29 Restaurants in Old Lyme
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Lousy Service...The Worst Ever!!!!”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Waitress "Jill" refused to clear dirty table...food took over an hr.. For wings & fries?! Food was not as ordered fries harder than a rock on mars. "Jill" was clueless & probably needed to get get GED before serving ppl, we had a party of 3 and would only get one persons order half-way right. Lenny's gets over because they're on the beach, but there are better places up the road...or bring your cooler but don't go to Lenny's!!!!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank EvelynBDiva

Atlanta, Georgia
“GREAT beach side bar!”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Great place to hang out!! I visited CT for the first time last weekend (from Atlanta, GA) and Lennys was one of the best places I went! Fantastic beach side bar and great customer service. We were greeted by a friendly staff the moment we walked in the door and enjoyed delicious drinks and good company all night. Also, the location is great.. beautiful view right on the beach. I can't wait for my next trip up to stop by Lennys again.. five stars from this happy customer!!

• Visited June 2013
Madison, Connecticut
“Fun beach bar atmosphere”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We keep coming back to Lenny's because it's a great place to hang out at and unwind for the weekend. The staff is fun and personable and I thought the food was great-- especially the seared tuna wrap. Not to mention you can sit outside and enjoy the sun, and a live band.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Eleximp224
Hamden, Connecticut, United States
“the worst place i've ever been to!!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

this was my first time at this place. me and group of friends went back and forth from here to the pavilion next door, and i had one drink that tasted like straight juice and no alcohol and a shot. the bartenders were rude. we only had these two drinks then went to go lay on the beach on the beach for 2 hours and when we go back in they tell us that we were cut off AFTER ONE DRINK AND A SHOT. they told us that we were acting crazy when really thats me and my friend naturally, and the owner lenny didn't care about our complaint because he was too drunk himself and told us that he didn't care. i would never recommend any one to this place i didn't even want to try the food and had no desire to. just go right next door to the pavilion and have a much better time.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank jr0c_x0
Winsted, Connecticut
“Terrible food, worst service”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

A group of friends and I thought it would be a fun idea to go to the beach with the bar on it. Little did we know how overrated and terrible of an idea it was. Upon arrival at the beach, police were stationed at all the entrances to search everyone bags and coolers for alcohol. Every beach around prohibits alcohol, but I have never been searched before. Obviously, the bar doesn't want anyone taking away from it's profit. There were then people stationed all over the beach, patrolilng for people who may be violating the alcohol rules. In addition, if you brought a cooler so that you could eat lunch, you were banned to a little 10-foot wide crowded section of the beach so that they could monitor you. Again, punished for not giving business to the bar. When we finally went to Lenny's to eat, the service was atrocious. Our waitress had a horrible attitude from the start, she took forever to get to our table during our whole stay, had a giant puss on her face, and was literally throwing our food on the table. Perhaps the worst service I've been given anywhere. The food was rediculously overpriced and soggy, fishy, bland, and just plain bad. We ordered fish bowls which were so expensive and nothing but juice. I won't go back, and I reccomend going farther down the road to eat, or better yet an entirely different beach.

• Visited July 2012