“Great Bed & Breakfast Experience!!”
Review of The Old Mystic Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Mystic
The Old Mystic Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Old Mystic B&B and Inns
Ilion, New York
“Great Bed & Breakfast Experience!!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Planning our annual family trip for my two brothers, one sister, their spouses, my wife and myself I checked out online the Mystic Ct. region for a nice bed and breakfast to stay at. The Old Mystic Inn had a great looking web site that detailed their rooms, the character of the facility, local attractions, breakfast served at the Inn, their grounds, the owner, his background, etc. Everything that I read on the site and more was certainly delivered!! Michael, the owner and his staff were outstanding in taking care of all your needs. They add the personal touch, make you warm and comfortable in the quaint historic New England setting. The gourmet breakfast as viewed online is picture perfect and nice way to start out your day. I would highly recommend this to anyone and we look forward to a return visit!! R. Piscione

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We had a lovely stay at this charming old inn. Breakfast was delicious and served in a nice dining room with pretty china and linen table settings. The proprietor was well informed and helped us on our way to our next destination.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
Reviewed 5 August 2013

As a world traveler this B&B is at the top of my list for an overall excellent experience. If you are looking for a true New England holiday, this is the place for you. My parents loved staying here and the owner was so nice and professional. On all my trips throughout Europe, the experience my family had at the Old Mystic Inn was one of a kind. The breakfast is one to remember and all the customer service and courtesy we received will keep us coming back. Thank you Michael for such a wonderful time spent at your place. You started our days off right every morning and I don’t think I could of made it through the week without such ease and generosity.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I have traveled to 40 countries and the breakfast at this B&B is the best I have ever had. I am from Stonington, have never been here before, and was so shocked at how amazing it was. My mother in law, from Illinois, stayed here for over a week and loves it. If you are looking for a quality B&B or just a place to stay, look no further. Old Mystic Inn is the place to be.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I felt like I was back in an Old Colonial Village. The furnishings were good quality antiques. The grounds are an adventure themselves. The breakfast was decadent with great presentation. The staff was great. There are fireplaces in each room. I felt very much at home. The Inn is very centrally located to every thing. Mike our host was fantastic we loved him.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Guiseley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Having planned a 2,00+ miles journey around New England, and Ohio, in May 2013, Old Mystic Inn was chosen for the first two nights stay. What a choice it proved to be!

The Inn is steeped in history, yet provided us with all we needed for our stay.

We were met on our arrival, by Chef Michael, the owner. Within a few moments, we were made to feel right at home!

We had chosen the Herman Melville room, and were not disappointed! This room was bright and cheerful, and spotlessly clean.

Michael was the perfect host. He inquired as to our preferrences, for breakfast, and provided a wonderful selection. The food was excellent, (as can be seen in the photos), fresh, and very tasty. It provided the perfect start to the day! Drinks and snacks were available for all guests during their stay!

We would recommend Old Mystic Inn to anyone looking for a beautiful Bed and Breakfast.QUALITY! FRIENDLINESS, AND 100% VALUE FOR MONEY!

Sue & Ralph

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, TX
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We were there in May for two nights, staying in the Carriage House. Very cozy, clean and quiet. The field behind is excellent for bird watching. Michael is a great innkeeper, host and chef. Do believe everything you read about his breakfasts! We will be back!

Sandy

Room Tip: Stay in the Carriage House, very quiet and more private, just across from the main Inn.