“Another Summer Vacation!”

Super 8 Old Saybrook
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We have been staying at this Super 8 quite often over the past several years! And once again, we found it to be the same clean and accomodating place we've come to enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thomas L

Reviewed 21 August 2011

The price was right; the location perfect, just off the Turnpike and near Clinton Mall; the bed was firm; the ac was excellent; it was surprisingly quiet; the one problem we had was resolved immediately and politely; there was even a pool! I'd definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for no-smoking King on the 2nd floor. Our request was honored.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank David L
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My family and I loved this place! great rooms, great breakfast and service, great pool, overall our stay was nothing more we could have asked for. We will definitely be back, and also alot of these comments are outdated, I don't know how it was then but surely this place has changed, because I loved it here!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank crazyZ33
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel was dirty. The carpet was very dirty. The heat pump was moldy. The sidewalks were dirty. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We were charged $150 for the filthiest hotel we have ever stayed at. The only room available to us was a smoking room, and while we expected some odor, the smell was overwhelming. (and my husband and I are smokers!) We couldn't even use the air conditioning because of the stench coming from it. The carpets were sticky and filthy. My children's feet were BLACK and that was just going from the bed to the bathroom. The pool was not even the same pool that was displayed in the photos. And to top it off, we had uninvited guests! There was a cockroach in the bathroom, and my husband and 3 yr. old son had bites all over their legs from whatever else was living in that room. Thank God it was for only one night, and most of it we ended up sleeping in our car! I think that most of the reviews praising Super 8 are false, and we are contacting AAA.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2011

It needs a little work but the rooms were fairly clean, everything was in working order and, despite booking through Expedia, they were able to accommodate us with side by side rooms. We would probably stay again if the need arises. We felt as safe as safe could be. Oh, it was a little loud with the highway so close but once was asleep, it was no worries.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 12 March 2011

We got married this September in saybrook point, CT, and Old Saybrook was the closest area with large hotels which could accomodate many of our guests. I found the staff at the Super 8 to be very pleasant, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. They made my wife and I feel much more comfortable knowing the our guests who would stay there would be seen to in a warm and friendly manner! (Seems to be something in the water in Old Saybrook - everyone was so nice!) Additionally, they were kind enough to allow us an extension for how long they would hold a block of rooms for us (we were a little late in getting the invites out)!
From directions, to restaurant or shopping recommendations, to providing good coffee in the morning, all of the little things really added up.
Their hotel was clean, their staff was wonderful, and our guests had a great time at the wedding. Whether you are looking for a hotel to use for a large function, or just staying with your family or alone, I would highly recommend the Super 8 Old Saybrook..

• Stayed: November 2010
#6 of 7 in Old Saybrook
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in Niantic

Been to Super 8 Old Saybrook? Share your experiences!