“Quick Trip in CT!”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Quick Trip in CT!”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I had to stay overnight in CT for a meeting, with a very strict budget my options were limited. I found this motel on the internet and gave it a shot. The outside grounds were beautiful, I loved the fountain, I just wished it was on all night. The room had everything I needed, blow dryer, microwave and an iron. The room was cozy and tidy. Overall it was a great stay, and I would reccommend this gem to anyone who needs a place on a budget!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Marissa A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Franklin, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stayed here for two nights while visiting saybrook and our nephew in old Lyme. The motel is about five minutes from old Lyme but also close to everything we wanted to do and see in Saybrook. Our room was clean and comfortable and we didn't pay an arm and a leg for it!! The man wo runs the front desk was friendly and helpful with directions and places to eat. We will surely visit again and stay here when we do. It met all of our needs.

Room Tip: We had non-smoking king.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TaraB107
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 November 2012

If you're in Old Saybrook or nearby in Essex this hotel provides good value. It's spotlessly clean and the rooms are spacious and have hairdryers, ironing boards, fridge, microwave and toiletries. There is also a basic complimentary breakfast of cereal, bread, bagels etc. We found it quiet at night also. The owner was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A C
LibertyInnOS, Manager at Liberty Inn, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Thank you, when you come to usa, you are very wel come@ liberty inn.

manager
liberty inn
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The guy at the front desk told us he only had a room with two double beds, which was a ploy to get us to spend $99 instead of $60 as advertised. Whatever. We were tired of driving and just decided to grin and bear it. I slept maybe a total of three hours all night even though I was in bed for eight. The room never really got dark due to the signage out front, the pillows were like sandbags, and there were no fitted sheets on the bed, only a flat sheet tucked in at the corners. That meant that at some point the sheet covering the mattress came untucked and then MY FEET WERE TOUCHING THE MATTRESS! Gross. Plus there were no liners in the trash can, so equally as gross.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Old Saybrook hotels

Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I would like to comment on the Liberty Inn,, During the Hurricane situation on October 2012, after staying at the Comfort Inn with less than pleasing results, you can also see my comments and situation which myself and 6 other had experienced during a difficult time of need and shelter on their review page, the State of Connecticut has also been notified as they have also broken the law of price gouging during a crisis situation. My posting for the Comfort will be up shortly with the most obscure details on the link below.
The Liberty inn was great, it is a perfect basic hotel with all the amenities you need, Sparkling clean room and very comfortable beds. And mostly I wanted to comment on the Management, I have never been treated so well anywhere I have stayed. I travel for business in total about 4 months a year all over the country. I have stayed in 5 star hotels and 1 star, I have never found anyone who was totally concerned about my stay and if everything met my approval. Very courteous and customer oriented. They don’t have a restaurant however; there are more than enough within a 3 mile drive. Other than that they where fantastic, and not to mention they did not price gouge during the Hurricane. There pricing is consistent honest as it should be.
So if you want to enjoy the Connecticut shoreline, and need a nice place to sleep, this is the place, besides, if your visiting Old Saybrook area, you’re not spending a day inside anyway, Happy travels

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Chriscraft36
LibertyInnOS, Manager at Liberty Inn, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Thank you for your honest review.

manager
liberty inn
Hollywood, MD
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Older and very established old school motel. Don't be looking for upscale amenities here. The beauty of this little place is its easy access (right -on- I-95) and relative affordability. The area's hotels are very expensive, even the budget jobbies like this one. Affable and friendly manager has maintained this now dated place well. The pond fountain adds some welcome white noise versus the I-95 at your front door. Continental breakfast...uhm, good for a coffee and donut, and I enjoyed both. Good spot for a quick shower and rest on your journey. Would choose another place as tourista operations central though. We enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: No pool, workout, wireless, or anything. It's a room and shower on the road, no more. Perfect if...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Fair Lawn NJ
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I booked this motel online for two nights and it was the biggest mistake ever. Upon checking in, I realized that we were the only guests. As soon as we entered the room I realized that we could not stay there. It was old, dated, had a huge mirror opposite the bed but the worst was the smell; it reeked of must. I returned to the office and the owner offered me any other room that he had but there was no way we were staying. He was upset but agreed to void the charge on my credit card. This was my error when I was booking. Be wary of the photos that are shown online. "What you see is not always what you really get"!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Super 8 Old Saybrook
Super 8 Old Saybrook
#4 of 7 in Old Saybrook
Angels' Watch Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Liberty Inn? Share your experiences!