“Fantastic sandwich experience!”

Saybrook Soup and Sandwich Co.
Ranked #9 of 83 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 16 June 2013

While traveling up 95 one rainy day, I stopped for gas and hoped to find somewhere to dine other than the list of usual fast food spots. It was then that I spied the Saybrook Soup and Sandwich Co. Just soups, sandwiches and desserts. Wow.....while trying to decice what to order, I noticed a huge roast pork loin, fresh from the oven, resting on the counter. Done, I quickly ordered and to my delight, the wrap was filled with slice upon slice of freshly roast pork, seasoned perfectly laced with a chipotle mayo. Delightful. I'll make sure I hit this joint again!

Reviewed 10 June 2013

The sandwiches / wraps are very creative and the flavors work well together. Their salads are just as though out. The place appears at first glance to have some bright, commercially exploited décor, but the food is unique. Rotisserie meats, cherry wood smoked turkey, pulled pork.....something for everyone. Salads have nuts, flavorful dressings, fruit, nice cheeses and fresh greens. They have a kids menu, soups, entrees is a great place to grab lunch for a picnic or to sit and go.

1  Thank ryandz001
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Everytime that I come to Old Saybrook I stop here their food is soooooooooooo good you will love this place they also have dinners my niece loves the wraps and fruit cups and a very good selection of desserts yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy.can't say enough about this place

1  Thank kittloops
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I love having lunch here. It is always tasty. Favorite is the butternut squash soup. My favorite sandwich is chicken cutlet on rye w/lettuce, tomato & cheddar cheese with their white balsamic dressing. Dave is the nicest guy.

1  Thank Auntib225
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Soup, salad and sandwiches are a good bet for a quick lunch.Butternut squash soup was hot, creamy and a bit spicy. Good size salad of arugala, strawberries, glazed pecans, shared by two of us, next time we will try one of the tempting sandwiches or maybe take out dinner menu which is heartier, meatloaf, mac and cheese and more.

1  Thank Kay C