“Great soup selections for non-vegans”

Saybrook Soup and Sandwich Co.
Ranked #10 of 84 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I'm not a vegan but I'm not a big fan of cream based soups and traditionally I've preferred a vegan based soup (except for Manhattan clam chowder). In that respect, they don't offer a lot of selections. My husband LOVES their NE clam chowder. Their brownies and gelatos are out of this world!!!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

not a fancy place, but simply the best soup and sandwiches! It is immaculate, and one can watch the food being prepared ... all soups are pureed, but the flavor is outstanding ... potato leek asparagus is my favorite ... have always been more than satisfied with salad or sandwiches ... fresh products, creative combinations, and bright, sunny environment

1  Thank JCV_CT
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Don't miss this restaurant!!! They have such creative,interesting food. It's fresh made. And it's quality!! During a 3 day stay we were there twice. Soups are delightful. Asparagus Potato Leek was just delightful. My sister had the Shrimp&Bell Pepper Bisque, also delightful. The strawberry Gorgonzola Arugula salad was so fresh and large enough to share. The Atlantic Tuna salad on the multigrain bread was very,very good. Desserts were also great! We shared the Tiramisu and Mousse, I couldn't decide which was better. Oh, they also had a Garlic Spinach Aioli served with toasted bread that was amazing! The decor is bright and inviting. They have outdoor seating as well. The staff was super friendly and the food was served quickly. Be sure to give this place a try when in the area!!

1  Thank MissUla
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Had a nice meal there last evening. The butternut soup was delicious as was the strawberry Gorgonzola salad. My friends had a couple of the sandwiches and they were also great. We sat outside although there isn't much of a view. The decor inside was nice and bright. Would definitely stop in again.

1  Thank JMandGH
Reviewed 16 June 2013

While traveling up 95 one rainy day, I stopped for gas and hoped to find somewhere to dine other than the list of usual fast food spots. It was then that I spied the Saybrook Soup and Sandwich Co. Just soups, sandwiches and desserts. Wow.....while trying to decice what to order, I noticed a huge roast pork loin, fresh from the oven, resting on the counter. Done, I quickly ordered and to my delight, the wrap was filled with slice upon slice of freshly roast pork, seasoned perfectly laced with a chipotle mayo. Delightful. I'll make sure I hit this joint again!