“A clean, modern, pleasant place”

Saybrook Soup and Sandwich Co.
Ranked #7 of 79 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Essex, Connecticut
“A clean, modern, pleasant place”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great, fresh made sandwiches and soups. Quality ingredients are used to make fresh, delicious meals. Service is quick and friendly. It's head and shoulders above the chain restaurants and not expensive.

• Visited November 2013

Ivoryton, Connecticut
“Good for adults, picky kids .... you better read”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The sandwiches and soups here are very good. And different than what you would normally find. I'll just say that.

Now, if your kids are picky and can only eat grilled cheese like mine. be warned! There is no kids menu and American cheese on grilled cheese does not exist. I can understand that they want to cater to people that want good food. But some of those people have kids and in my case, I will never again go there with my kids. With my mom or myself, sure. But it is not an option with kids.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Karl H
Connecticut
“Skip the restaurant chains for this one of a kind shop”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Recently my wife and I met here for a quick lunch. We have been before but this visit sparked a need for a review. We are ones to always support the local small business wherever possible and avoid the corporate-owed chains and big franchises. SS&S is a perfect example of the quality and freshness that comes with staying with the locally owned establishments. Our sandwiches were amazing...just the right size, fresh bread and ingredients, made to order very quickly and delivered to our table. The atmosphere is clean and bright with a modern edge. Meet your wife there for an unplanned bite to eat or bring the whole family. You will not leave disappointed!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank EssexOnTheGo
Niantic, Connecticut
“Great Place for lunch”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Being true to their name we stopped for a cup of clam chowder and and hot pastrami sandwich.
The soups are homemade and wonderful, and the sandwiches are generously filled. Clean and reasonably priced, I suggest frequent visits especially during the off season (Sept. thru May).

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank 243CuisineExpert
Southington, Connecticut
“Great soup selections for non-vegans”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I'm not a vegan but I'm not a big fan of cream based soups and traditionally I've preferred a vegan based soup (except for Manhattan clam chowder). In that respect, they don't offer a lot of selections. My husband LOVES their NE clam chowder. Their brownies and gelatos are out of this world!!!

• Visited October 2013