“More than a furniture store”

Saybrook Country Barn
Ranked #2 of 10 Shopping in Old Saybrook
More attraction details
Owner description: Fine Furniture, Women's and Men's Apparel, Home Decor, Rugs, Hardware and Lighting, Curtains and Window Treatments.
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The Saybrook Country Barn is filled with a wide variety of furniture, décor, food products, clothing, jewelry and more, covering all price points. My wife and I are in there every month to see what's new and what we might want to use for decorations for the various holidays throughout the year. Friendly staff and great service. Most of our household furniture has come from "the Barn".

1  Thank Bob J

Reviewed 1 August 2013

The Saybrook Country Barn is a multitude of shopping experiences. There are two buildings.
One has a gift shop area with pretty dried floral arrangements, wreaths, dining accessories,
candles, etc. mixed in with furnishings with vignettes of furniture arrangements throughout the store. Rugs, window treatments, and home decorating items top it off. The other building has
more furniture and an upscale ladies clothing shop which, altho a bit pricey, has lovely clothing and accessories. Also a mens clothing store. Men, there are benches outside for you to sit and
a Starbucks across the street to wile away the time while your ladies have fun shopping. A must
stop for Old Saybrook if you have the time.

1  Thank culver77
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Amazing selection, unique, original, warm, cozy!! Loved the people, really willing to go that extra mile and take great care and pride in their work.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Sales person was attentive, knew her product and helped me pick out the perfect wood color to match my kitchen cabinets. She then helped with the height of my counter for the two stools that I purchased. She listened to what style I wanted and helped with other questions I had. The delivery was done very professionally right down to putting drop cloths on my new wood floors so they wouldn't track in any dirt or mud. They then showed me how to open the table and how to store the leaves.

1  Thank Elaine G
Reviewed 1 December 2011

The last itme I visited Saybrook Country Barn was probably at least my 30th visit. Do I buy something everytime - no. Is every order perfect when I do shop - no. But there is no where that has this level of customer service. I am sorry the other reviewers had issues that they felt were unresolved. I have ordered every piece of furniture in my house from Saybrook Country Barn. Once, just once I had a problem with a drawer. It was taken care of professionaly. I love the choices I have here. When I buy a piece of furniture I know it will hold up for my lifetime and beyond. The sales staff is great! Let me give a shout out to Lisa and Beth. My wife also knows the owner of this store and bought furniture long before I came into the picture as well as her parents. It takes some time to get the furniture. It is made to order. If you can't deal with the lead times, then shop at the made in China furniture stores. Good Luck! But, if you have a little patience you have come to the right place. The people at this store don't just work here, they love working here or at least that is the feeling I get.

BTW, I have never written a review on TripAdvisor. i live in Old saybrook and simply love this store. The rating for this store was so out of line with my numerous visits I had to write something.

3  Thank Cheryl D