“Delicious Pastries!”
Review of Dagmars Desserts

Dagmars Desserts
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Old Saybrook
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stopped at Dagmar's for a late-morning pick-me-up. The cases looked disappointingly empty, but we made a selection of what was left- a chocolate croissant, an apple danish, and an apricot scone, plus coffee.
The server was a little flustered by the new coffee maker, but very nice. I thought I would be be unhappy with a room temperature scone but I must confess that it was so delicious it certainly needed no improvement. The apple danish was rapidly devoured and pronounced top-notch as well, and the croissant was good. I like them a bit crisper, and the chocolate filling was disconcertingly sticky-not authentic for France, anyway. Coffee was fine once it arrived.
Seating was a bit uncomfortable and strewn about the area, with a large fern brushing annoyingly against our legs. The windowsill plants/decorations looked a bit ill-kept. Bathroom was very clean. Prices were fine.
I would consider trying the limited lunch menu, or arriving earlier in the day for a better breakfast selection.

There are newer reviews for Dagmars Desserts