“Outstanding”

Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Has a retired restaurant owner, I like to read reviews, and than try myself, to see how accurate they are, in this particular case I was visiting friends in the area and I ask around, how good this place is and most of the comments are negative, after reading the Tripadvisor I decided to see how bad really is. So I went there expecting the worst, but surprise! the food was outstanding the first time and the next two times I went there.Reading some past reviews was hard to believe we are talking about the same place Terra Nostra is a nice eating place with very good food nothing fancy, but solid meals and do yourself a favor try it.

There are newer reviews for Terra Nostra

Reviewed 11 December 2013

This place should be close....the service was very good......everything else was bad..very bad..whoever the cook is..send him back to school..if he ever went to one.....two of the 6 dinners had to sent back...chicken like rubber....scrimp of 3 dinners hard to chew...will never go back...porkchops tasted like fish and dry.....wasted a lot of money...

1  Thank chrisms1982
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Newly renovated restaurant with new owners. Nice intimate dining area with a fireplace -- giving it a rustic feel. Food was good and nicely prepared -- salmon, pork chops, etc. However prices were a bit overboard for the location. Desserts averaged $ 6-8, sodas and coffees were $3.50 each, the breaker was being charged $2.00 more dollars for another cup of hot water for tea! Seriously -- if a restaurant thinks that they don't irk customers by charging for a second cup of boiling water -- then they need to think again. This place will have to survive on locals business and the two locals who accompanied us said that this would be their first and last visits. Place needs to rethink their pricing at least on things like beverages and desserts if they want repeat business.

1  Thank Veneto8
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Was hoping for something special, a local to return to over and over. Sadly, it was just OK. Staff were professional and friendly, but there is just something missing in the overall. And the veal was overdone. Filet mignon at a nearby table looked a better bet. I'd give them another try, but not for a while. Wine too pricey for the fare.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I stopped into Terra Nostra on Monday, 10/14/13. The place looked nice when we walked in. They didn’t have a GF menu but they did have gf penna pasta. I decided not to try the pasta since I didn’t like the choices of sauces to go on it. I ended up ordering the Caprese salad as my entrée. It was 3 slices of tomatoes, with a slice of cheese on it and little bits of roasted red pepper on top with a little oil. Very poor presentation. It would have been more appetizing had it been presented on a bed of greens. Very boring. My husband had one of the specials, Chicken Cacciatore. He said the sauce was very good but the chicken was terrible. He couldn’t even eat it (and he eats almost anything). He ordered a double espresso decaf, which they gave complimentary due to the poor chicken. The espresso was terrible also. We won’t be going back.