“Clean and friendly but a bit pricey”
Review of Heritage Motor Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Saybrook
Heritage Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
Reviewed 14 August 2006

We recently stayed at this small motel while visiting family for the weekend. From our first contact making reservations, we encountered very friendly, very honest, and very helpful staff. The woman who took the reservations explained that the room was small and methodically explained the limitations of the room, bath, and amenities. When we checked in, she explained that she had not charged our credit card yet because she wanted to show us the room and make sure we were satisfied. Very impressive customer service!

The room was, in fact, small with two double beds and a small bathroom with a "showertub". Since we were only planning to sleep in the room, we were not concerned with the smallness. Despite being small, the room and bathroom were very clean (though the room had a slight musty odor). The beds were comfortable though the sheets were a bit scratchy. The bathroom had plenty of towels and plenty of hot water. We did not need to use the a/c on the nights we were there so we can't comment on that. Instead, we left the windows open. Despite being on a very busy road, at night, it was fairly quiet. The walls are pretty thin and the plumbing is pretty loud but surprisingly, it was fairly quiet during our stay. We could hear muffled sounds from the TV and voices in the next room but not loud enough to be disturbing. The pool was very clean though not heated. The grounds were well kept and also clean. The continental breakfast consisted of coffee, juice, fruit, boiled eggs, instant oatmeal packages, granola bars and packaged cinnamon buns.

Overall, this motel, though old, is well kept and very clean with friendly employees. It lacks almost all of the modern amenities except for cable TV and a/c but that was not an issue for us either. While we were neither disappointed nor dissatisfied, in the end, the price just seemed a bit too high.

1  Thank Foxxfam
There are newer reviews for Heritage Motor Inn

A TripAdvisor Member
Deep River Connecticut
Reviewed 7 September 2005

I brought my family (4 kids) here to stay while waiting to get into our new house - it is clean,very clean. The owners are very warm and friendly, we felt very comfortable and safe. The furnishings are tradional in style, the bathrooms are older but in excellent condition and spotless. Having checked other area motels and hotels before checking in here, I can say with out any doubt that this is the best deal in the area. we unexpectedly needed a few more nights a few days later and my wife and kids wanted to go back -we did. It's a bit like staying at your grandparents house, homely and warm.

• Stayed: September 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 August 2004

I have stayed at the Heritage Motor Inn several times. Twice with my 2 teenage boys and husband and twice with my entire family, which includes my elderly parents. There are several things I like about this small motor inn. First, it is immaculate...they keep it spotless. Second, the young couple, Kris and Neil, that run the motel live in the historical house adjacent to the motel (so they are there to check you in and out and available if you have any problems...even at 3 am in the morning...they live there!)
Third, my parents have difficulty walking...so I could park their car directly outside their room and bring in my father's oxygen machine (I apologize that I don't know the technical term for this cumbersome machine) and their luggage...no stairs, everything on one floor.
Fourth, there is a refrigerator and microwave in most of the rooms...this saved on snacks and drinks.
Fifth, the pool is landscaped with lovely flowers and shrubs/trees and nice patio furniture, so I could sit in the shade. My sons liked it because the pool was deeper than 4 feet in areas (as opposed to the current hotel pools that are only 3 to 4 feet deep)
Sixth, my son said that we should mention they have cable TV in every room....obviously a positive thing if you are a teenager.
Seventh....I get up very early and walk...the location is excellent for a morning walk to the beach.
I travel alot...for business and pleasure... this is a motel that is very clean, you can open the windows in the rooms for fresh air or you can use the airconditioners. You can save money with the microwaves and refrigerators in the room. I think the most important point is that Kris and Neil Beezer grew up in the area...they know the town and the surroundings....they run the motel and they are concerned about their guests.
From the previous review, I learned they now have a breakfast buffet. I feel that is a very valuable savings feature in a motel. My teenage sons eat alot...my parents enjoy a cup of coffee with a pastry in the morning. I would recommend this motel ...it is AAA certified.

11  Thank abg1281
A TripAdvisor Member
Bristol, CT
Reviewed 7 August 2004

After arriving in town my family and I checked out a few places to stay, several were seedy and some were in close proximity to the railroad tracks. One had pool visible from the highway (my wife said she would not use it and be on display). We called the Chamber of Commerce and they recommended the Heritage Motor Inn. We stayed several nights and were very happy. The place is a small family run motel, the owners were very helpful in planning our day trips, suggesting dining spots, fishing spots, etc. We even found out where Katherine Hepburn had lived! There was a continental breakfast in the morning, which we ate poolside. Over all, the people were friendly and knowledgeable, and the place was clean. We plan on going back in the Fall to do some outlet shopping.

18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Liberty Inn
Liberty Inn
#6 of 7 in Old Saybrook
Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to Heritage Motor Inn? Share your experiences!