“Maybe a good pizzeria but not a good restaurant”
Review of Luigi's Restaurant

Luigi's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 79 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“Maybe a good pizzeria but not a good restaurant”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Normally I do no write bad reviews,but the experience we had 3 nights ago was not a good one ,the service was nice and prompt but the food have nothing to do with Italian,the tomato sauce overcooked and turning magenta color the chicken chewy the fried calamari greasy and soft., anyway a night to forget,the restaurant was almost full so their pizza must be really good, I do not like to go to Italian restaurants that offer pizza on the menu, because pizza should be for pizzerias,and when they offer both menus normally one of the is bad.

• Visited December 2013

St. Barthelemy
“Pizza, Beer and Smiles”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

A great family restaurant for all ages. Food and service was excellent. The bartender on Friday night is outstanding! Chicken parm. is my personal favorite.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank islandmap
“I keep going back and thats a good sign!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I like it. The food is good, the waitress are good, we have been 4 times now and really don't have any complaints. Usually Im writing a book about all the things that a place is doing wrong. Im just happy with this place and will keep going back. I recommend it!!!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank JLC10756
“Best Around”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

My family and I have been eating here for years - it's like home for us. Great food in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. You can't do wrong on the menu whether you go for dinner, a pizza, lunch, etc. The homemade bread is outstanding as is the homemade creamy garlic salad dressing. Not enough room here to talk about it all just go and you will have a nice experience.

2 Thank AlexFunTrip
Middletown, Connecticut
“GREAT lunch at Luigi's excellent service”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My wife and I stopped for a late lunch at Luigi's - luckily they were open for lunch as it was 2:15. Even at this time there were still a few patrons there. We both had the fried mozzarella for an appetizer - VERY ample and quite good! For entrees I had the veal parm and my wife had the veal marsala both were excellent.. The portions were all generous and the food really good. An added bonus was the service - the waitress was quite attentive. We're glad they were open as this was a very good experience. i would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013