“It's a beach”
Review of Harvey's Beach

Harvey's Beach
Reviewed 14 March 2013

sand sun water. not sure how I am going to make 100 word review. But we had a great day here. And every other day we went back.

1  Thank Darkcomputerguru

Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

I don't know where those photos were taken. Surely it was not from this "Beach". The scenery was not too bad and thankfully for the water is Wet. You cannot walk this beach.

3  Thank Tomeekay
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I was in Connecticut last week with my sister from Florida and 5 year old autistic nephew. We have been going to Harvey's Beach since we were his age and had talked up this part of the trip a great deal. Especially the sandbars. When we arrived, the lifeguard at the gate informed us they had been closed for the day by the Town because bacteria levels were too high. Something to do with the marsh grasses and the estuary next door. Anyone who has ever dealt with an autistic child knows what happened next.We ended up further down the road at Old Saybrook Town Beach which was open and we could let the little guy in the water to play. I got a little wet myself and subsequently, I came down with a bladder infection and my nephew developed a severe rash. Shame on you Old Saybrook Park and Rec for letting the Town beach stay open and not informing people of the bacteria levels there like you did at Harvey's. Even if the levels were "acceptable" people should be made aware of the bacterial levels so they can make an informed decision.

2  Thank Mahasin P
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We've been going to Harvey's for about 10 years, initially impressed at how clean and quaint it was. It's fun for kids when the tide is out. Over the past few years it's become increasingly more crowded and with that of course comes more trash. This weekend I had an empty bag and picked up some of the garbage myself. I wish the town of Old Saybrook would be more proactive about cleaning up this beach, it's losing it's charm.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

This beach fun for all ages. My kids love to sit in the tide pools and catch crabs. I recommend that Harvy's Beach is the best beach in Old Saybrook.