“A great little beach”
Review of Harvey's Beach

Harvey's Beach
Reviewed 28 May 2013

If you are looking for deep water swimming, this is not the beach for you.

You can walk out forever. We think it is just a beautiful little beach in a huge cove with amazing tidal pools at low tide, breezy. great walking beach at low tide, with all sorts of sandbars.
Sunsets are terrific. Often breezy enough to see
a few kites, sailboats.

Outdoor Showers and clean bathrooms. Has lifeguards. Ice cream truck comes by, very old school.

There is a parking fee.

4  Thank MaryC3

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Nice area, and maybe it's because we went to a portion of the beach as it was very small and nothing like you see in the picture. We ended up going with my brother and sister in-law and there was not a lot of room on the beach... Only around 30 people, so you have to get there early on a weekend morning to find a spot.

1  Thank johnnybgood1959
Reviewed 14 March 2013

sand sun water. not sure how I am going to make 100 word review. But we had a great day here. And every other day we went back.

1  Thank Darkcomputerguru
Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

I don't know where those photos were taken. Surely it was not from this "Beach". The scenery was not too bad and thankfully for the water is Wet. You cannot walk this beach.

3  Thank Tomeekay
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I was in Connecticut last week with my sister from Florida and 5 year old autistic nephew. We have been going to Harvey's Beach since we were his age and had talked up this part of the trip a great deal. Especially the sandbars. When we arrived, the lifeguard at the gate informed us they had been closed for the day by the Town because bacteria levels were too high. Something to do with the marsh grasses and the estuary next door. Anyone who has ever dealt with an autistic child knows what happened next.We ended up further down the road at Old Saybrook Town Beach which was open and we could let the little guy in the water to play. I got a little wet myself and subsequently, I came down with a bladder infection and my nephew developed a severe rash. Shame on you Old Saybrook Park and Rec for letting the Town beach stay open and not informing people of the bacteria levels there like you did at Harvey's. Even if the levels were "acceptable" people should be made aware of the bacterial levels so they can make an informed decision.

2  Thank Mahasin P