“A wonderful luncheon with college friends”

Otter Cove Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 79 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Oakdale, Connecticut
“A wonderful luncheon with college friends”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were able to sit outside and loved the quiet, with the lovely water fountain. Loved the mango summer drink and the outstanding crab cake appetizer. My tuna was done perfectly as well.
Service was a bit shaky, but we were in no rush.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Louisep1061

Old Lyme, Connecticut
“Sweet calamari????!!!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I went to lunch at Otter Cove. We have been wanting to try it, and it is only open for lunch on Fridays and Saturdays. We arrived around 2PM, and very few people were there. Seated promptly, we ordered wine and appetizers. My husband's oysters were fine. I ordered "firecracker calamari". Nowhere did the menu describe the sauce as sweet. It was a thick, cloying hoisin-type sauce with a slight bit of heat. While the calamari was nicely prepared, the sweetness was overpowering and not to my taste. My husband's whole belly clams were quite good, and it was a huge portion of both the clams and crispy french fries. My crab salad was plated nicely with lots of sweet crab and lightly dressed. It was very good. Service was good, but we were not provided with an itemized bill, so we couldn't tell what the market price was for the oysters, nor could we check prices. Otter Cove is a decent restaurant with a nice decor, however the padded seats in the booths were ripped and unsightly.

• Visited June 2014
“Great food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We tried Otter Cove as a change from my parents' usual haunts and we were all happy we did. Dad decided the calamari (an appetizer) was the best in Old Saybrook, they even toned down the spiciness for him. I had the mussels (another appetizer) and not only was it a satisfying mid-day meal but the broth was delicious. Salad appetizers more than satisfied Mom and Otter Cove added an extra grilled shrimp beyond what was ordered.
Overall a pleasant and delicious mid-day meal. We'll be back!

• Visited May 2014
Avon, CT
“Excellent food, cocktails and service”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Shared a meal with my daughters future in-laws, and had a wonderful time. The service was friendly, pleasant and relaxed. I had a Bloody Mary and could easily say it was the best I ever had. The others at the table agreed their drinks were also wonderful. We started the meal with oysters, a variety, which were excellent. Three of us had the Linguine with white clam sauce, and all agreed it was excellent. Two had the Ahai Tuna - rare and loved it, and one had the Linguine with vegetables and that was also very much enjoyed. The rolls on the table were very good, and not like other restaurants. The service was slow, and relaxed which is exactly what we wanted, so I think the wait staff picked up on that. None of us had room for dessert, so I can't comment, but judging from the rest of the meal, I am certain it would have been great!
The ONLY draw back I can think of, is our table was next to the outside wall, street side, and the window was opened, and the street noises were a little intrusive.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank AnnAvon_CT
“Poor Service”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at Otter Cove many times, but this may be the last. We waited at our table 15 minutes before our presence was acknowledged. As we Began our dinner we ordered a second bottle of wine; it finally arrived as we finished dinner. We had to ask three times for water refills. Even getting our processed bill back took over ten minutes. Waiter was friendly but very inattentive.

Visited May 2014