“Typical Ct Diner”

Dining options: After-hours
hartford, ct
“Typical Ct Diner”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Been coming here on and off for 20 years. It is typical diner fare where in my opinion breakfast is always your best bet. Service is always very friendly, fast, and efficient. It is a little dingy inside and has been said the bathrooms are highly disgusting.

• Visited April 2014

Connecticut
“You'll want to toss your shoes after using the bathroom”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I've written my share of reviews and have never given 2 stars. My problem was cleanliness. We were sat at a booth that had barely been cleaned after the last guests. Crumbs and bits of food were under and behind the condiments, windowsill was filthy and blinds were covered in dust. The bathroom was even worse. It smelled like urine and is in need of a serious renovation. I felt like i was in a college dive-bar. After sitting back at the booth, i started looking around more carefully. The legs of the tables and chairs were covered in "splashed" food bits, etc. Gross. At that point all i could wonder was how filthy the kitchen must be if they thought the restaurant was clean. So to the owners.... get your staff in order or hire professionals!!

• Visited March 2014
“Bathrooms”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

3 different owners over the last 25 years and I must wonder if they have ever cleaned the bathrooms.
Entering the mens room is like stepping into a huge urinal. It just gives me major creeps knowing how gross the bathrooms are. My wife says women's room is equally scary. Stand on the seat and I think I will leave a spray bottle of scrubbing bubbles and instructions on how / where to use it.

• Visited November 2013
“Good solid diner”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Went 3 times with family over the last year 1 time for lunch and twice for dinner - solid each time. Panini are good, the couple of Greek dishes were competent. Breakfast meals (served all day/night) were good as well. Service was friendly so good place to go for a nice casual meal or snack.

Rhode Island
“Wonderful roadside diner”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

If you're visiting Old Saybrook, or just passing by on Route 95, stop in for a wonderful meal. Old fashioned diner food, enhanced by Greek specialties. Huge portions, everything was top quality, and the servers coulnd't have been nicer. I had the Greek Sampler plate, loved every bit, but could only eat half. We were so full we couldn't have dessert but it ;looked so good, we asked for one piece of baklava to go, and a slice of cheescake.. They gave us two pieces of baklava..it took days to eat it all! BEST baklava I've ever had, and that includes in Greece & Turkey! I would make a special trip from RI just to eat there..hmm, maybe this weekend!

• Visited October 2013