“Extra Charge to my Credit Card”

Pier Blue Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
Enfield, Connecticut
“Extra Charge to my Credit Card”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

While the staff at this location is very nice, they did charge my credit card for the room even though I had pre-paid a month prior with Priceline. It has been over two weeks since my stay with them, and I am still trying to get them to refund my credit card for the charge they put through. Like I said, for the most part everyone I have dealt w/in this process has been nice. However no one has been able to help me in getting my credit card charged back, at this point, as no one apparently knows how to handle the charge back. This will most likely result in me having to dispute the charge through my credit card company, which is a big inconvenience.

The hotel itself is in a GREAT location. Easy on, easy off the highway & very close to a major wedding venue (Water's Edge). The rooms themselves are outdated, and could use a lot updating. They are very dark & gloomy. They were fairly clean.

I would suggest that if you pre-pay through a travel website such as Priceline, Orbitz, etc. that when they take your credit card for incidentals at the front desk, you ensure that they aren't going to charge you for the room. Explain this before you check in & when you check out, as it is proving to be a very difficult process to have it charged back.

I will unfortunately not be staying at this location, again, due to my experience. I would say that if you're considering booking this hotel, just do it w/caution.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Boca Raton
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Room was very old and outdated. We felt dirty just being in the room. We were scared to touch table and bed surfaces or walk around room without shoes. We paid over $120 for the room when it was worth about $50.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Camillus
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Although the owners were very nice the hotel needed much updating,
there were signs in the reception area stating they were remodeling, but not sure what was being done. Our room and the other couple we were with needed a big face lift. The rug was old and needed shampooing, the small vanity in the bathroom needed to be replaced, as did the bathtub. for 2 nights underneath our room there was a dog that barked for 3 hours. Told the manager about this they gave us 10% off our bill, not enough as far as we are concerned. The owner of the dog should have been told and put that person and his dog in another room far away from the other guests!!!!!!! Would not stay in another Days Inn again!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Middletown, Rhode Island
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I booked my room on Booking.com for a short visit to Old Saybrook. I am glad we chose this place because the room was nice and clean and at an affordable price for the area. We had never been to Old Saybrook but will definitely visit again and stay here. The lady at the front desk was really friendly and helpful. She was patient with us and helped us to find places to eat in the area and also directions to where we wanted to go, There is a Italian restaurant very close by, and we would also recommend that. We will be back at Days Inn Old Saybrook again!

1 Thank Cheryl s
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed here because it was the only hotel in the area that wasn't $500/night for the weekend of some friends' wedding. Our room reeked of cigarettes and mold, even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. I saw a big bug run across the floor right before we checked out. Awful. I would have been happier sleeping in my car.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This was my second time staying at this hotel in the last 6 months and I have to say the staff have consistently provided great service.

Rates are very reasonable for the area. The room I had was clean and well kept. They were out of newspapers for the day, but I later found the newspaper I wanted outside my room door. Never got a chance to thank them as I left early in the AM but I hope this review helps.

Overall a hassle free and good stay. Will be back again.

Room Tip: Nice backyard area