Just a short ride from the hustle and bustle of NYC awaits a fabulous hotel where you are treated as you always wished you would be. Even when things go askew, the wonderful folks at Saybrook Inn and Spa go the extra mile to make sure you have a fabulous time. This was my case. I had stayed with them previously and had such a good time that this year I decided to partake in a fabulous New Year's Eve celebration they had announced. I booked a Jr. suite with a water view. Unfortunately, through a clerical error I was to be given a similar room but without the full water view I was dreaming of. I spoke with several of the good folk at the hotel when my dilemma was escalated to Betty, the senior reservation manager. She listened carefully to my story and was very concerned about my continued satisfaction with the hotel.
She asked me to be patient and give her a little time to find a solution. Shortly after we spoke for the first time, Betty called me with fabulous news. Though the room I had originally booked was still not available, Betty upgraded us to a full suite with an incredible view of the Connecticut River and Long Island Sound. WoW ... this room was not to be believed. It had a complete dinning room, entertainment area to share with friends, an incredible master bedroom and a bath with a Jacuzzi. Oh, and lest I forget the fireplace. Romance is in the air! Who says customer service and care is dead. Not at the Saybrook Inn and Spa, that's for sure.
We also took advantage of the Spa with an incredible couples massage The care and attention was delightful and oh, how wonderful it felt.
Saturday evening, we partook in the New Year's Eve celebration, catered by Fresh Salt, the hotels own restaurant. The food was delicious. My filet minion was twice the size I'm used to receiving and it was prepared just as I had ordered. My partner in crime had the salmon and was equally impressed. The live music was enjoyed by all, as evident by the busy dance floor. I know where I'd like to be next year to ring in the New Years.
The next morning we had a sumptuous brunch at Fresh Salt. I have only on complaint ... there was just too much to select from and all was delectable.
After a late check out, we headed back on the road with home in NYC being our destination. I just can't wait to return to Saybrook Inn, were you're greeted with a "Welcome Home."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is a AAA Four Diamond Southern Connecticut hotel, recently designated as a green hotel. We offer gracious accommodations, Four Diamond dining, a luxurious spa, and a gorgeous shoreline view. Enjoy classic intimacy in elegant rooms featuring balconies, water views and glowing fireplaces. We are a pet friendly hotel.Amenities include a luxurious spa, our health club offering indoor and outdoor pools, modern fitness equipment, sun decks, sauna and exercise classes. Our marina can accommodate vessels up to 200 feet and offers a floating gas dock and expert staff. We also have onsite dining at Fresh Salt Restaurant, offering exquisite service and waterfront ambiance. We offer meeting rooms and space, planning and catering for events.Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is conveniently located only two hours from New York City and one hour from Bradley International Airport. Our inn is at the mouth of the Connecticut River, with panoramic views of Long Island Sound, and only steps from the heart of historic Old Saybrook and a colorful host of antique shops, theatres, brand name outlets and casinos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Saybrook Point Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saybrook Point Hotel Old Saybrook
- Saybrook Point Inn And Spa
- Old Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Old
- Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Inn Spa