“Escape to an incredible mini vacation, just a short ride from home.”

Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
NYC
“Escape to an incredible mini vacation, just a short ride from home.”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Just a short ride from the hustle and bustle of NYC awaits a fabulous hotel where you are treated as you always wished you would be. Even when things go askew, the wonderful folks at Saybrook Inn and Spa go the extra mile to make sure you have a fabulous time. This was my case. I had stayed with them previously and had such a good time that this year I decided to partake in a fabulous New Year's Eve celebration they had announced. I booked a Jr. suite with a water view. Unfortunately, through a clerical error I was to be given a similar room but without the full water view I was dreaming of. I spoke with several of the good folk at the hotel when my dilemma was escalated to Betty, the senior reservation manager. She listened carefully to my story and was very concerned about my continued satisfaction with the hotel.
She asked me to be patient and give her a little time to find a solution. Shortly after we spoke for the first time, Betty called me with fabulous news. Though the room I had originally booked was still not available, Betty upgraded us to a full suite with an incredible view of the Connecticut River and Long Island Sound. WoW ... this room was not to be believed. It had a complete dinning room, entertainment area to share with friends, an incredible master bedroom and a bath with a Jacuzzi. Oh, and lest I forget the fireplace. Romance is in the air! Who says customer service and care is dead. Not at the Saybrook Inn and Spa, that's for sure.

We also took advantage of the Spa with an incredible couples massage The care and attention was delightful and oh, how wonderful it felt.

Saturday evening, we partook in the New Year's Eve celebration, catered by Fresh Salt, the hotels own restaurant. The food was delicious. My filet minion was twice the size I'm used to receiving and it was prepared just as I had ordered. My partner in crime had the salmon and was equally impressed. The live music was enjoyed by all, as evident by the busy dance floor. I know where I'd like to be next year to ring in the New Years.

The next morning we had a sumptuous brunch at Fresh Salt. I have only on complaint ... there was just too much to select from and all was delectable.

After a late check out, we headed back on the road with home in NYC being our destination. I just can't wait to return to Saybrook Inn, were you're greeted with a "Welcome Home."

Room Tip: Ask for a Jr. Suite with a water view and fireplace. Make your spa reservation long before arriving...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank YodaNyc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I spent two nights at the Saybrook Point Inn & Spa with two friends, an escape from the hustle and bustle of NYC. I have stayed in many hotels and gone to a number of spas over the last decade and this is my first trip advisor review because this is probably my first vacation that has gone off entirely without a hitch.

From booking with Betty to our late check out, the entire experience was a pleasure. As one of my friends remarked, it was just so wonderful to be somewhere where everyone was so nice and seemed so committed to ensuring that we were comfortable and having a nice time. The rooms are impeccably clean and the pictures online do not do the rooms justice. They are well-decorated, comfortable, spacious, and luxurious. A perfect blend of luxury and New England charm. We stayed in Room 209, with a beautiful view of the water, a wood-burning fireplace, which someone came and lit for us, and incredibly comfortable beds.

We were all booked for hot-stone massages and all of us remarked that the massage was one of the best we'd ever had. Although the spa is going through some renovations, we could barely tell, as they had set up an alternative relaxation room complete with all the little touches we'd come to expect in our short stay at the Saybrook, as well as the requisite fireplace. Ryan, at the spa, was incredibly accommodating and stayed late so that we could have a little extra time using the spa facilities.

Even in the cold of winter, we found plenty to do in the area: walking around Saybrook, exploring New Haven, and doing a little gambling at Mohegan Sun (about 30 minutes away). Of course, the best part was sitting by the fire in the room, reading, listening to music on the iPod docking station in the room, and drinking tea.

We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a wood burning fireplace and an area for sitting, you'll be beyond pl...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 10 January 2012

a hidden jem in this area is the Saybrook Point Inn & Spa. I stayed in this hotel at least 3 times in the last couple years, and every time I loved my stay. Not a single thing to complain bout. Super clean rooms and bathroom, very comfy bed and pillows, beautiful small Marina. The food is very good.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Greenwich, Ct.
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The service, amenities, facilities, accommodations, and dining are extraordinary and impeccable. We frequent this Inn and Spa as a couple and with family to enjoy the beauty, serenity, activities, comforts and "TLC" treatments. Pauline, Laurie, Chris and staff are exceptional and go the extra mile each and every time. The rooms, decor, linens, soaps, creams, and cleanliness are exquisite! This place is a real "treasure".

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We loved our stay at Saybrook Point Inn. We just needed a one night get away and this place was perfect, and even exceeded our expectations. The room was beautiful, the service was friendly and helpful, and the restaurant was fantastic. What more could you ask for? Oh, and my wife enjoyed her spa treatment. Even though they were under renovations, she had a great experience, and the fact that they automatically gave a credit for an "inconvenient charge" shows that they care about their guests. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We arrive the day after New Year, on our annual escape from the bedlam of the holidays. The hotel is in a lovely spot overlooking the mouth of the Connecticut river. Our room was in tip-top condition, with a very comfortable bed, linens and room amenities. We had several spa treatments which were excellent, and great value. The fitness facilities were for real, with classes, a great workout room, heated pool, steam room, say an and jacuzzi. This is a family run hotel, and it shows with the very personal service in all areas. Our only dissapointment was the quality of the food in the restaurant, It was hit or miss, The appetizer and entree menu needs attention for dinner, Although the breakfasts and desserts were excellent. At a time of year when hotels are generally quite empty, and the staff can be a little sparse on the ground and disinterested we were made to feel very welcome, and I really appreciate that. Its a sign of great quality.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank frequenttravellar
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 January 2012

From my boyfriends experience with making reservations down to our entire weekend there the staff is top notch. Katelyn, Paulene and Scott were great. Our guest room was so comfortable and the quality of the food was to die for. We ate in the restaurant twice and stayed for the new years eve party. Great job. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Michele2pt2
SaybrookPointMgmt, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
We would like to express our gratitude, to all, for sharing your comments. We look forward to welcoming your back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Saybrook
#3 of 7 in Old Saybrook
The Whaler's Inn
The Whaler's Inn
#1 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!