My husband and I went for a short Valentine's vacation. We went to the spa and had massages. I've had many massages, and this one was one of the best. The spa is renovated and nice. There is still some evidence of age--like the shower heads, for example, are yellowed plastic--and the whole pool area is pretty worn and aged-looking. But it's a lovely, big pool with hot tub. My husband liked the fruit and nuts they had available for snacking. It's not a spa I would go to for the day, but if you're staying in the hotel anyway, it's perfect.
The room itself was very nice--perfectly clean, quite big, newly renovated with a wood-burning fireplace and a big jacuzzi tub. The view looked out over the parking lot, and beyond that, the water. There was a little balcony, but even if it had been warm enough to go out there I wouldn't have wanted to stand over the parking lot to look at the water 250 yards away.
We ate at Fresh Salt, which was very good. The menu wasn't distinctly interesting or inventive, but the raw bar had a great selection of really fresh oysters.
We ordered room service for breakfast, which arrived a little late and very cold. It was probably very good twenty minutes earlier, but rather disappointing by the time we got it.
Still, I would definitely go again. It's a very nice place for the price, and all the staff were outstandingly friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is a AAA Four Diamond Southern Connecticut hotel, recently designated as a green hotel. We offer gracious accommodations, Four Diamond dining, a luxurious spa, and a gorgeous shoreline view. Enjoy classic intimacy in elegant rooms featuring balconies, water views and glowing fireplaces. We are a pet friendly hotel.Amenities include a luxurious spa, our health club offering indoor and outdoor pools, modern fitness equipment, sun decks, sauna and exercise classes. Our marina can accommodate vessels up to 200 feet and offers a floating gas dock and expert staff. We also have onsite dining at Fresh Salt Restaurant, offering exquisite service and waterfront ambiance. We offer meeting rooms and space, planning and catering for events.Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is conveniently located only two hours from New York City and one hour from Bradley International Airport. Our inn is at the mouth of the Connecticut River, with panoramic views of Long Island Sound, and only steps from the heart of historic Old Saybrook and a colorful host of antique shops, theatres, brand name outlets and casinos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Saybrook Point Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saybrook Point Hotel Old Saybrook
- Saybrook Point Inn And Spa
- Old Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Old
- Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Inn Spa