“A Beauty on the Long Island Sound!”

Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Westfield, New Jersey
“A Beauty on the Long Island Sound!”
Reviewed 27 February 2008

Our family of 3 had a LOVELY weekend in Old Saybrook Resort and Spa....it is right on the Long Island Sound. Room was beautiful and so was the entire hotel. Worth even staying just a night. Did not have a view of water from room, but so lovely no matter where the view/condos in back.
Breakfast was included and it was truly wonderful. Can't wait to return next month. It must be really a wonder in the Summer!! (too expensive then for our pocketbook!)

• Liked — The room and breakfast........yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — Our room did not have a view of the Sound, just the back condos.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
NY
Reviewed 12 February 2008

I have stayed at the Saybrook numerous times over the past 5 years and was never disappointed. If I had any concerns, Scott addressed them immediately and insured our satisfaction. The comment about bedbugs sounds like it's from a disgruntled person, for whatever reason. Good...don't visit so we have a better chance of getting into this fabulous and immaculate hotel!

• Liked — Spacious rooms are as luxurious as home
  • Disliked — Have to book spa appointments early
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
new york
Reviewed 29 January 2008

My husband booked a weekend getaway for our tenth anniversary. I found the spa treatment wonderful and relaxing. The staff was courteous and friendly.

Our room was beautiful and the food at the restaurant was above average.

I would highly recommend visiting there to celebrate a special occasion.

• Liked — The facility was extremely clean and the staff was friendly. Every need we had was met.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed 3 December 2007

I took my husband to The Saybrook Inn for a special weekend away to celebrate his 30th birthday. We both love spa treatments, however I had to decide whether to upgrade the room to a Junior Suite or get spa treatments as I was told when I made the reservation that there were no spa and stay packages available. I also called a week before the reservation and the same gentleman who worked at the Inn told me that there were no packages available. However, when I arrived I was told that there were actually spa and stay packages available, but at that point there were no appointments available at the spa. We entered our room, which was very nice, but there was a very large pee-like stain on the carpet in the middle of the room. We took a huge blanket to cover up the stain as it was gross to look at. I called the desk and somebody came up while we were out for dinner and removed the stain. It is a little gross that the maid did not remove it in the first place. In addition, I made the reservation putting a special note that we were away for a romantic weekend and wanted a quiet room. However, we were put right next to (in the same private entryway) as the bridal suite on the weekend of the wedding. There was constant knocking, loud voices and music coming from the room during all hours. I e-mailed the hotel that I would like a response to my complaints and I never heard back from them... DO NOT GO.....

• Liked — The location on the sound.
  • Disliked — The service, the cleanliness of the rooms, the staff did not have any knowledge of the packages, the noisiness, room placement, etc....
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
9 Thank nyeastsider
USA
Reviewed 8 October 2007

I have stayed at Saybrook Point, eaten at the restaurant, and visited the spa several times. Each and every time the service, amenities, cuisine, and accomodations have been incomparable. Excellence prevails at this gem of an establishment on the beautiful Connecticut shoreline. I have taken friends and family there, and always, they have loved the experience. A visit to any part of this lovely inn is a real treat.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 043
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 5 October 2007

One night at this hotel with my family, we had the biggest suite I think and it was fantastic! View of the ocean and terrific quality of the suite with excellent in-room breakfast!

• Liked — Great location and great suite!
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank duttzi
New York
Reviewed 16 August 2007

I have stayed here three times and each time has been a wonderful experience. I am quite surprised by the negative comments as this was not my experience at all. My husband and I had a great romantic weekend getaway in the fall of 2005 so we went back with the kids in the summer of 2006 twice. The staff was very attentive to ensure our stay was pleasant. We enjoyed a couples massage which was great. And the reastaurant was terrific. The food, wine and service was outstanding.

I was not sure how the kids would be greated, but was pleasantly surprised that they received the same warm welcome.

The rooms are spacious and clean. I would highly recommend you visit!

• Liked — The beautiful rooms
  • Disliked — It's not on the beach
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
#3 of 7 in Old Saybrook
The Whaler's Inn
The Whaler's Inn
#1 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!