“Wedding”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
connecticut shoreline
“Wedding”
Reviewed 20 May 2008

We were married at SPI and everything was excellent, couldn't have been better. Ellen Belmont and her staff treated us and our guests like royalty. Delicious food....incredible service & attention to detail. It was the best.

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2008

Stayed at the Saybrook Point Inn and Spa during February 2008. I'm sorry we stayed only 2 nights. Our beautiful room faced the water and had a large marble? bathroom.

The Inn is rated 4 Stars. I disagreed; it should be at least 5 Stars! The Inn is gorgeous, clean and well cared for. The service was EXCELLENT. Everyone, from the front desk to the cleaning staff, was courteous and professional. The restaurant is also amazing. -- good food, good service, windows face the water, beautifully decorated.

Saw the pool. Used the gym -- also clean and well maintained. The Spa services were good. I had one of the the best massages I have every had.

I look forward to another stay at the Saybrook Point Inn and Spa.

• Liked — Everything.
  • Disliked — Completely positive experience.
  • Stayed February 2008
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed 11 April 2008

Contrary to some of the other reviews we were warmly greeted anytime we met staff during our 3 day stay. The room was quite large with a working fireplace and a whirlpool. We had no problems with noise from other parties but we traveled in March which is not a big wedding month.

Th spa is not as expansive as others I have seen and there are very few classes but we felt like we had plenty of choices of treatments. Breakfast was pricey as we were not on a package like some others .
We had very nice meals at Liv's Oyster Bar and Penny Lane restaurants which were only a mile away, and better reviewed than the Terra Mar at the hotel. The area is very nice for exploring and we would defintiely go back and hope to take advantage of an off-season package.

Stayed March 2008
Boston
Reviewed 7 April 2008

My college roommate and I were at the Saybrook Point Inn for our yearly reunion. We found the place to fantastic. The rooms were spacious and clean as was the bathroom. It happened to be warm so we were able to sit out on the terrace and enjoy the beautiful view of the Marina. It must be spectacular when things are in bloom. We had great massages in the Spa, which was also very clean. The staff throughout the Inn were kind and courteous and extremely helpful (when I had left my ring in my bathrobe pocket, Tiffany (at the desk) was kind enough to bring it to me in the dining room). The dinner and the breakfast were both delicious and there was also a nice selections of wines. We've decided to make this "our place", it's about halfway between where she lives in NJ and where I live in Boston. We'll be back next year and we're considering bringing our husbands... well, maybe we'll just keep it girls' w/e. It's also a great value.

• Liked — the service
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
rd
Reviewed 6 April 2008

Stayed for three days, and we wanted to leave .

If that is 4 diamond AAA there have to be a lot of time they have not received the inspector.

Room was not clean, staff not at all friendly, food mediocre. I was waiting a fax from the office and had to check four times with them to get delivered to my room.

I will not return.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 6 April 2008

This is a wonderful Inn. My college roomate and I wanted a girls weekend. We found the Saybrook Inn online and the package was just what we were looking for. The setting of the Inn on LI Sound is beautiful. Spa services were excellent. What really stands out is the amazing and genuine customer service. Everyone at the Inn is invested in your having the best possible experience.

The room was large and lovely. They upgraded us upon check-in at no additional cost. Dinner and breakfast were terrific and tables overlook the water.

We try to meet annually and this will be our place from now on. It was awesome!

• Liked — Amazing customer service and beautiful environment.
  • Disliked — Leaving.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 4 March 2008

My friend and I booked a weekend stay (for her birthday) at this resort because of a great package deal offered on Travelzoo.com at the time. We fell in love with the area and with the hotel. Every employee we interacted with at the hotel and restaurant (or even the ones we only passed in the hallway) was friendly, helpful and genuine.
Our room was beautiful, clean and huge! We were upgraded without charge to a fireplace room with 2 queen beds, mini kitchen, and living room.
Our package also included free breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. We went downstairs expecting the normal continental fare - but instead we were seated at an elegant table overlooking the water. Menus were presented and we were able to order anything (and everything) we wanted. The food was AMAZING. The best blueberry pancakes I've ever had (sorry Mom), fresh fruit, latte's, any kind of egg or breakfast meat you can imagine...the list goes on. My friend and I still talk about how great the food was!!
And finally - another part of our package was a 20% discount on any spa service! Both of us took full advantage of this on Sunday. I had a fantastic massage from Kevin, who I highly recommend!

• Liked — Everything was honestly GREAT
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with friends
#3 of 7 in Old Saybrook
The Whaler's Inn
The Whaler's Inn
#2 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!