We really enjoyed our time here from the minute we arrived.
Great location on the Marina, and friendly, helpful staff in all parts of the hotel.
Our room was large, well equipped with a comfortable bed and good pillows, and with a large bathroom, and a small but useable balcony looking over the Marina, waterways and pool.
Music in the evenings was fun with good musicians.
Loved the bar, with great cocktails and fresh oysters/clams to offer a change from the restaurant.
The "fresh salt" restaurant had it's moments but was pleasant on the terrace and breakfasts were varied and interesting, though we did have one bad experience which means that I would not recommend the omelet or the fritata, unless you eat your eggs heavily overcooked. Everything else was good, including the other egg dishes, so maybe the chef had one off day with our omelet/fritata morning. Lunches and dinners were ok and generally massive serves. The Frito Misto is big enough to serve 2, and the sandwiches would compete with a NY Deli for size.
Hard to get a strong coffee ... The lattes were pretty weak even with an extra shot of espresso, but coffee was not awful.
Only thing missing in the room was a safe in the room, which makes it easier for safeguarding passports etc., rather than having to carry it with you.
My wife said the spa was very good with well trained staff, and well worth a visit.
The breakfast included package is very worthwhile value if you are a breakfaster.
The Old Saybrook town is fun and interesting, and there are some pleasant towns around like Mystic and Essex, and some good restaurants like Otter Cove close by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is a AAA Four Diamond Southern Connecticut hotel, recently designated as a green hotel. We offer gracious accommodations, Four Diamond dining, a luxurious spa, and a gorgeous shoreline view. Enjoy classic intimacy in elegant rooms featuring balconies, water views and glowing fireplaces. We are a pet friendly hotel.Amenities include a luxurious spa, our health club offering indoor and outdoor pools, modern fitness equipment, sun decks, sauna and exercise classes. Our marina can accommodate vessels up to 200 feet and offers a floating gas dock and expert staff. We also have onsite dining at Fresh Salt Restaurant, offering exquisite service and waterfront ambiance. We offer meeting rooms and space, planning and catering for events.Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is conveniently located only two hours from New York City and one hour from Bradley International Airport. Our inn is at the mouth of the Connecticut River, with panoramic views of Long Island Sound, and only steps from the heart of historic Old Saybrook and a colorful host of antique shops, theatres, brand name outlets and casinos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Saybrook Point Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saybrook Point Hotel Old Saybrook
- Saybrook Point Inn And Spa
- Old Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Old
- Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Inn Spa