“Old Saybrook Inn-Nice Getaway!”

Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Orlando, Florida
“Old Saybrook Inn-Nice Getaway!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed here with a friend the end of June and had a lovely one night stay. The room overlooked the harbor and was quite spacious. Ate three meals here and food and atmosphere was very good. One particular stand-out are the employees. I have never met so many people that were so happy to be working here, this says a lot. Played golf at the 9-hole course in the area, very relaxing and enjoyed a wonderful massage. Will be back with my husband.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! Our staff works hard to make sure our guests are as comfortable and relaxed as possible, so I know they'll appreciate your compliments as much as I do. We can't wait to have you back with your husband!

Until then,
Andy, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

This is the second time I have been here and I might make it an annual event. This Inn seems to excel in every category. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The staff from Registration to Checkout were friendly and customer oriented. The menu choices are varied. The food choices I made were really good ; food very tasty. Wait staff friendly and courteous.

We also used the outdoor pool and it was clean and refreshing.!!!
All in all it was a wonderful and worthwhile experience .... a good time was had by all.

Room Tip: All rooms I saw seemed spacious and well kept. I don't stay in the room too long except for slee...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thanks for the glowing review! Hearing that you think our inn excels in every category made my day — to know that you're considering visiting us on an annual basis is just the icing on the cake. We're already looking forward to your next stay!

Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed here as a party to my in-laws 50th. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. My wife & and I (and my 6 year old daughter) enjoyed ourselves.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The beds were great and the decor was a pleasant Victorian style and the rooms are large. The staff was helpful and accommodating. The grounds, Marina and pools were well kept.

We found that the onsite restaurant was a little pricey for what it was, I would suggest the Dock & Dine across the street. Definitely more reasonable for about the same quality.

There is not a whole lot to do in Old Saybrook (for us at least) but if you are looking for a nice place to relax and enjoy enjoy whomever you are with, I would highly recommend this resort.

They might want to consider some children's activities.

Room Tip: the regular suite is not much smaller than the large suite. I'd save the $$$
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thanks for your recommendation! I'm thrilled that you and your family enjoyed staying with us when you were in Connecticut. I hear what you're saying about the children's activities, and it's certainly something we'll look into. I really appreciate the suggestion!

Rantoul, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

My sister and I stayed there for 3 nights. I had a fabulous massage! We used the Saybrook Point Inn as a jumping off place for activities in the area. Everyone was soooo nice and helpful. The room was just great and we had breakfast that was delicious! We would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thanks for your recommendation! It's wonderful to hear that you and your sister enjoyed relaxing at our inn. We can't wait to have you back for another family getaway!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Outstanding rooms very large and beautifully furnished with every amenity you could want. Even our smaller room we moved to to enable us to stay further nights was still larger than most hotels.
The bar and restaurant both excellent, very good food and reasonable priced. Staff amazingly friendly and attentive , location beautiful and the facility of free shuttle to town amazing.
Pool not up to the same standard as the rest of the hotel but that's because the rest of the hotel is so outstanding. The pools and facilities are more than adequate but could do with being trendied up a bit. yes a little overcrowded but to be expected in 90 degrees , we always found a sun bed
Would definitely return when next over from the UK.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us when you were in the US, Linda! It was our pleasure to host you, and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed yourself so much you decided to stay two extra nights. We'll be sure to take your suggestions on our pool area into consideration; I appreciate you speaking up about that!

Cheers,
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stay here regularly and find it to be a very nice hotel - probably the best on the CT shoreline between New Haven and Old Lyme. However, we were really surprised during the recent heat wave that the outdoor pool was literally packed with non-hotel guests. It seems that the hotel sells memberships to its gym which allows the gym members to use the pool facilities. There were no chairs to be had, the locals were really loud and the pool was so crowded. We knew that all of these people were not hotel guests since they had their own towels and their loud conversations made it clear that they lived nearby. The hotel should really re-consider this policy since it left us with a very poor impression.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NewYorkTravelor
Thanks for speaking up about your experience with us. While I'm glad to hear you think ours is the best hotel in the area, I'm sorry you weren't thrilled with our pool policies. We're delighted when locals choose to cool off at our inn — especially during a heat wave like this! — but we'd never want that to negatively affect our guests' visits.

That being said, I appreciate your honesty. It's reviewers like you who help us to grow and improve, and I want you to know that we take all customer feedback to heart. I have no doubt that yours will help us enhance the guest experience!

Regards,
Aquitaine, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

We really enjoyed our time here from the minute we arrived.
Great location on the Marina, and friendly, helpful staff in all parts of the hotel.
Our room was large, well equipped with a comfortable bed and good pillows, and with a large bathroom, and a small but useable balcony looking over the Marina, waterways and pool.
Music in the evenings was fun with good musicians.
Loved the bar, with great cocktails and fresh oysters/clams to offer a change from the restaurant.
The "fresh salt" restaurant had it's moments but was pleasant on the terrace and breakfasts were varied and interesting, though we did have one bad experience which means that I would not recommend the omelet or the fritata, unless you eat your eggs heavily overcooked. Everything else was good, including the other egg dishes, so maybe the chef had one off day with our omelet/fritata morning. Lunches and dinners were ok and generally massive serves. The Frito Misto is big enough to serve 2, and the sandwiches would compete with a NY Deli for size.
Hard to get a strong coffee ... The lattes were pretty weak even with an extra shot of espresso, but coffee was not awful.
Only thing missing in the room was a safe in the room, which makes it easier for safeguarding passports etc., rather than having to carry it with you.
My wife said the spa was very good with well trained staff, and well worth a visit.
The breakfast included package is very worthwhile value if you are a breakfaster.
The Old Saybrook town is fun and interesting, and there are some pleasant towns around like Mystic and Essex, and some good restaurants like Otter Cove close by.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LesH211
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thanks for your review! I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. Hearing that you felt right at home from the moment you arrived at our inn made my day, and I know our staff will appreciate your compliments as much as I do.

We actually have safes available at our front desk, so be sure to ask for one next time you stay with us! We're already looking forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Saybrook
#4 of 13 in Mystic
Hilton Mystic
Hilton Mystic
#5 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!