“Romantic Inn on the Water”

Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed at the Saybrook Inn as we were invited to a destination wedding. What a lovely surprise as the rooms are so luxurious, beautifully decorated and large. It was a great start to a long romantic getaway weekend. The Inn is right on the water with a beautiful view. Take advantage of the Spa and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a fireplace. Nice in the winter!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thanks for recommending us, Patricia! It's wonderful to hear you were so pleasantly surprised by our inn. We hope to have you back for a longer stay next time!

Safe travels,

There are newer reviews for Saybrook Point Inn & Spa

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Terrific easy weekend .hotel was very comfortable,not too big, easy to get around . Nice local walks, relaxing pool,great facial..best lobster roll.....ever!
Good local places to eat..
Lulu loved her bed

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank KBG351
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Reviews like this just make our day! It's great to hear that you and Lulu had such a relaxing weekend at our place. We love when our guests bring their pets along, so I appreciate you mentioning that in your comments!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and I visited here to celebrate our anniversary. Given the cost, I had high expectations and I was not disappointed. We had a beautiful large room with a spacious well appointment bathroom. Our balcony faced the front of the property, at first I was disappointed but as we walked around the property I realized that the street side rooms are probably more quiet and private because most of the water view rooms overlook the bar/restaurant and pool area.

We were able to eat lunch at the restaurant and were very happy with the food and the service. From what I understand, reservations are highly recommended but it wasn't overly crowded and we were seated almost immediately. We were also able to use the bicycles that the hotel loans free of charge to their guests. That was so much fun, Old Saybrook very scenic. We biked into town for a light breakfast.

My big tip is to bring a bottle of wine. After we came back to the hotel from dinner on the Essex Steam Train it was nice to sit out on the farther end of the dock, relax and have a few glasses of wine apart from the hubbub of the bar and weddings that were in progress.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shan136
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thanks for celebrating your anniversary with a stay at our inn! It was a pleasure to have you and your husband here for a visit. Taking our bikes out to explore town was a great idea, as is bringing a bottle of wine (we also have a great selection of wines by the bottle). I'm certain other reviewers will be as grateful for your review as I am!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We had an amazing stay at Old Saybrook and I wanted to say a special thanks to Betty the Spa Director. We were a large group of varying ages and needs and she went out of her way to make all of us feel welcome and comfortable. The food was amazing at the restaurant and was such a great last dinner for our stay. I will definitely be back and make sure that it is a regular vacation spot for both myself and my family. Thanks so much!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TShep2013

"I will definitely be back and make sure that it is a regular vacation spot for both myself and my family." That compliment absolutely made my day! Thank you so much for the thoughtful recommendation. I will be sure to share your comments with Betty, she will be very pleased to have been a good resource for your. We look forward to having you and your family back again soon!

Until then,

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our daughter's wedding was held here Labor Day weekend. The rooms were well-appointed and the ballroom was great for the wedding. The ceremony and pre-reception bar and hors d'oeuvres were held outdoors on the patio, overlooking the harbor - spectacular spot!

Room Tip: Rooms above the lobby and away from the parking areas have best views of the harbor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

It was our pleasure to host your daughter's wedding weekend, Tim! We're honored that she chose to celebrate her marriage at our inn. The fact that you enjoyed your stay so much is just the icing on the cake!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed at this resort last week and I have to highlight some exceptional service I received from a staff member named Dean. He is friendly, outgoing, knowledgeable and made my experience with the resort that much personable. I have never met a more caring staff member at a resort. Thank you, Dean!
Jill

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JillM8
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thanks for sharing that, Jill! It's always nice to hear when our staff makes an impact on our guests like that. Your review will definitely make Dean's day!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Just spent three lovely days at this beautiful property. The location is stunning, overlooking the Conn river and the Long Island Sound. I was completely amazed at the size of my room. The beds were super comfortable. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. I used both pools - the indoor one looks as if it's dirty at first but it's simply the green coloring on the walls. They are both heated and the water felt lovely after my hectic drive over in the drenching rain.
A few things were off. After the first night at the hotel, I didn't get another room service breakfast sign to hang on the door - we ate breakfast out anyways so I wasn't too upset but I don't know why it was never replaced. Even though I tipped room staff each night, no replacements for the extra nice make up remover towelettes in the bathroom. I should have requested those. Prices at the in house restaurant are extremely high. I would recommend eating at other restaurants around Old Saybrook rather than dining in. Over all, the entire experience was quite nice. I would love to return in the fall to use the wood burning fireplace in my room. Didn't use the spa but it looked quite nice. Prices were on the high end for those services also.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thanks for your feedback! While I'm happy to hear you were impressed with our property and facilities, I'm sorry you never received a new breakfast card. We certainly encourage our guests to take advantage of our in-room dining services, but that's hard to do without an order form! I'll be sure to mention this to our staff so we can avoid this issue going forward.

Take care,

Pier Blue Guesthouse
Pier Blue Guesthouse
#3 of 7 in Old Saybrook
Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!