My best friend and I met at the Saybrook Point Inn & Spa for a weekend bonding session. We booked the "Girlfriend Getaway" package, and were thrilled with our entire experience.
We met at the property early and enjoyed a few Corona's and a hot dog from the Marina Bar as we overlooked the gorgeous water and enjoyed the July sun.
When we checked in, the front desk gave us our certificates for the next morning’s spa appointments and, in our room, we had adorable commemorative T-Shirts waiting for us. Shortly after we got into the room, Room Service arrived with three bottles of wine to enjoy during our stay (all part of the package).
Friday night we asked the front desk for a dinner recommendation in town. She gave us a detailed list of the local restaurants and pointed out a few that she recommended highly. We took her advice and went to Liv's where we had some amazing seafood. I was glad that we had asked!
We enjoyed a lovely breakfast al fresco at the hotel on Saturday before heading to the well-appointed spa for our body wrap and massage appointments. I consider myself a bit of a "spa snob" and was truly impressed with the body wrap I booked. My technician Mary was fantastic! My massage was less thrilling, but -- like I said -- I'm a little spoiled in this department. My friend loved both of her appointments, and overall we were totally content.
We had dinner at the Terra Mar on Saturday night and the food was excellent. I was surprised when we got the check as the total was far less than what the same meal would have cost in my hometown of Boston. We ended our weekend with a truly memorable Sunday brunch (also at the Terra Mar).
The service at the hotel was great. Friendly, prompt, and detail-oriented. I thought the package we booked was a great value and would recommend it highly. Our only complaint was that the pool area was small and crowded. There were at least three weddings taking place over the weekend, and many families occupied the limited outdoor area. It also seemed as if boaters accessing the marina also had access to the pool -- and the space is really not big enough for that kind of traffic.
My advice: Order a few frozen margaritas from the Marina Bar and you'll forget all about the cramped pool space! My friend and I look forward to a return visit next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is a AAA Four Diamond Southern Connecticut hotel, recently designated as a green hotel. We offer gracious accommodations, Four Diamond dining, a luxurious spa, and a gorgeous shoreline view. Enjoy classic intimacy in elegant rooms featuring balconies, water views and glowing fireplaces. We are a pet friendly hotel.Amenities include a luxurious spa, our health club offering indoor and outdoor pools, modern fitness equipment, sun decks, sauna and exercise classes. Our marina can accommodate vessels up to 200 feet and offers a floating gas dock and expert staff. We also have onsite dining at Fresh Salt Restaurant, offering exquisite service and waterfront ambiance. We offer meeting rooms and space, planning and catering for events.Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is conveniently located only two hours from New York City and one hour from Bradley International Airport. Our inn is at the mouth of the Connecticut River, with panoramic views of Long Island Sound, and only steps from the heart of historic Old Saybrook and a colorful host of antique shops, theatres, brand name outlets and casinos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Saybrook Point Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saybrook Point Hotel Old Saybrook
- Saybrook Point Inn And Spa
- Old Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Old
- Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Inn Spa