“Lovely location”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
dc
“Lovely location”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I just spent the weekend at the Inn to catch up with a high school friend. We had a lovely time. The hotel is very nice overall. The room was large and nicely appointed. The bathroom was huge with nice marble tile. We had a view of the marina and the Long Island Sound. The staff was friendly. We enjoyed a nice evening at the bar at the hotel the first night. The bartenders were really responsive and friendly as was all the staff. We went to the spa the next day. The facility is lovely and we each had a really nice massage. The pedicure wasn't quite as great. The technicians were very efficient. But I can't say that my technician, in particular, was very pleasant. I felt like a was inconveniencing her. I would say though that my pedicure was the only blemish in my stay. I would recommend the hotel for a nice weekend getaway.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thanks for recommending us! I'm delighted to hear you and your friend had such a great time catching up at our inn. I hope you'll keep us in mind next time you need a getaway or are planning a reunion!

Andy, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed at Saybrook Point Inn for a couple nights in January, for our anniversary – and it was a perfect romantic getaway.

Saybrook Point is a well-maintained inn with a great history. John Kennedy used to stay here, so did Frank Sinatra and many others.

Our room was spacious with a little balcony overlooking hotel’s marina – empty due to a winter. Beds were comfortable, we had a fireplace. Coffeemaker and mini-fridge came in handy as well.
It was a low season, hotel was half empty, but we got lucky with the weather – for a couple days it was 50 F outside.

There is plenty to see just walking around the hotel. We also took car trips to nearby Old Lyme and Essex – both are about 10-15 minutes away. Florence Griswold Museum of American Impressionism in Old Lyme is a must see attraction – amazing collection for such a small place. Main Street in Essex is full of old Victorian houses, some of them dating back to 18 century. It also leads to Connecticut River with some nice views.

Restaurant on the premises looks nice, but we were quite disappointed with food. Not that it was terrible, probably we had our expectations too high.

In all, it was a nice road trip and we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
A perfect recommendation for a perfect getaway! Thanks for taking the time to write about your stay at our inn earlier this year. I'm thrilled to hear everything was to your liking, and I hope you'll keep us in mind next time you're planning a special trip!

Best wishes,
Columbus, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago with a co-worker for a work seminar. The Hotel is absolutely gorgeous and the staff is Excellent. Overall I had a great trip. My only complaint was the first night we were there we were on the first floor and there was a wedding going on and our room must have been next to the bridal suite or something cause the door kept opening and slamming and I kept hearing forks or plates dropping and making a ruckus way into the night. Luckily I brought my earplugs for just such an occasion. The front desk was very accommodating about switching our room the next day so we wouldn't have to fight over who gets the cot and who gets the bed. The second room was much nicer, with two queen beds that were so much more comfortable and we had a nice view of the water! Overall I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Perhaps don't pick a room on the first floor, especially on a weekend when there could be an eve...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thanks for staying with us when you were in town! While I'm sorry to hear you found the wedding noise disruptive, I appreciate you speaking up about it in your review. We like for everyone who joins us — whether as a guest of the hotel or a guest of a special event — to be completely comfortable, and I understand how a boisterous celebration could get in the way of that. Your candid feedback certainly will help us find a solution to this going forward!

Until next time,
Somis, CA
Reviewed 30 October 2013

A much needed vacation with a best Friend! Enjoyed it all! Massages, Facials, & A Lovely dinner & Breakfast! We even swam laps in the pool too! Rooms were clean and roomy!
The man at the front, "Bobby" made the evening! Told us history about the place, what it was back in the day, showed us around & then lit our fire for us. It really shows when someone enjoys there job!
I will advise my West coast friends to try this place out!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Avocado-gal
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
It certainly sounds like you and your friend hit all the hot spots while you were here! Thanks for thinking of us for your girls' getaway. Bobby will be just as thrilled with your recommendation as I am!

Bristol, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have been to this hotel a total of three times, twice for business, but most recently with my husband to get a night away. This place does a wonderful job of accommodating both business and leisure travelers.

Parking - Plenty of parking close to the hotel.

Location - Nice spot overlooking a marina. There is outdoor seating at the hotel where you can sit outside and enjoy the view. The hotel is also in a location where you can take nice walks on the road along the water.

Rooms - I've stayed in three different rooms and I like how they are all a little bit different. This is not a commercialized establishment. Each room has a slightly different layout. The rooms are large, plush, and very comfortable. The bathrooms are also spacious. The real fireplaces in the room are a nice touch, and you can even get a fire going in them if you ask!

Staff - Very courteous and helpful. They always want to help you.

Restaurant - The food and service was delicious. It was a more expensive meal, but the quality of seafood and steak was high so I did not mind paying for it.

Amenities - Did check out the pool (there is an indoor and outdoor pool) and hot tub and both were nice.

Overall, if you are fortunate to travel here for business or are looking for a place to relax for pleasure, enjoy!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
This is just what we like to hear! Thanks for taking the time to write us such a detailed recommendation. I'm sure our staff will be just as grateful for your gracious compliments as I am!

Until then,
New Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed 17 October 2013

First get away since our daughter was born, web site promised a relaxing retreat. This hotel was anything but. Couldn't even use our tiny balcony to see our " partial " marina view because we were right over the outdoor seating area and bar of the restaurant. For two nights all we heard was the noise of loud bar patrons and the booming bass of a wedding DJ. The tub was tiny and dingy and the wrong shower head was used so hardly any water flow. When I replied to the survey about our stay, our response was " we'll I apologize, the reservationist should have warned you about wedding noise". WHAT! Really. For $400 a night I expected a lot more, don't waste your time or money. We would have a had a better time at a holiday inn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Mtdnyc878
I'm sorry to hear your first post-baby getaway wasn't as relaxing as you would've liked! Although we do host a lot of weddings and special events, our guests' comfort and satisfaction is always our top priority. We certainly should've mentioned the potential nighttime noise when you made your reservation, but I'm glad you took the time to mention it here and via our survey. Your feedback certainly will help us to find ways to address this problem!

Monroe, CT
Reviewed 16 October 2013

As a special birthday gift, my generous sister took me to the Saybrook Point Inn and Spa for a “girls” weekend getaway. The hotel was absolutely wonderful! We were shocked at the size of our room when we entered. It was huge and beautiful! We were greeted by two very comfortable double beds, a spacious sitting area in front of a fireplace, a wide-screen TV and a large and well-appointed bathroom. Outside our room was a small balcony with a water view; perfect for enjoying our glasses of wine in the evening.

The spa was also lovely and peaceful. Our masseurs gave us wonderful massages – both were very knowledgeable and great at what they do. Be aware, an 18% tip is automatically included in your spa charges, which was OK, although it seems that the tip percentage should be discretionary and not controlled by the spa. The indoor pool is a relaxing 84 degrees. We did not use the outdoor pool because the weather was not cooperating, but it’s also heated to a very warm, comfortable temperature.

If you’re there on a Sunday, don’t miss the brunch buffet at their restaurant, Fresh Salt. There is a wide selection of delicious dishes, some individually prepared (such as omelets, freshly sliced ham/roast beef and a pasta station). The desserts are to die for! The only ONE negative comment that could be made about the entire weekend is the wait-staff in the restaurant was a little disorganized and slow to clear the tables. Considering the price of the brunch, they should work on that detail a bit to keep the experience perfect.

Overall, the Saybrook Point Inn and Spa is a gem. I would highly recommend it to anyone for an “any occasion” getaway.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
What better way to celebrate your birthday than with a spa weekend? I certainly can't think of one! Be sure to thank your sister for us; we're so glad she chose to bring you to our inn. I hope you'll both keep us in mind next time you're planning a getaway!

Until then,
#2 of 7 in Old Saybrook
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!