“Wonderful Inn and Spa!”

Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I just got back from a "Girls' Getaway" at the Saybrook Point inn & Spa. It was perfect in every way. As part of the package myself and six of my friends stayed in luxurious rooms with two queen beds, working fireplace and balconies overlooking the water. We received free tee shirts (well made) a bottle of wine on ice when we arrived, a spa treatment ($118 value) and a full breakfast.
Everyone raved about every detail of our stay. We had lunch and dinner at the Inn in a cozy room with a fireplace overlooking the water. The food and service were outstanding. The spa services were the best any of us had ever had. The included breakfast was a full breakfast menu with any add on that we desired.
It was too cool to use the outdoor seating or pool, but it looked great!
We are Long Island girls and took the Pt Jefferson ferry to Bridgeport. From there is was less than an hour drive to the Inn.
A great getaway, Might bring my husband there for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jillmar61
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Reading that your girls' trip to our inn "was perfect in every way" absolutely made my day! Thanks so much for thinking of us when you were planning your getaway. I do hope you'll bring your husband back to see what we're all about!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My partner and I spent Friday and Saturday evenings at the inn because we were attending a wedding on Saturday evening. We had a wonderful time. We ate Friday night dinner in the hotel dining room and the food and service was excellent. The room and furnishings were lovely and everthing was spotless. I have only two complaints. We had difficulty turning the TV on and someone came to look at it right away and it began working but then when we wanted to watch it in the evening, we couldn't get sound on any of the network stations. Since it was late, we didn't want to call the front desk. The room didn't have a safe which was very inconvenient. When we left the room for the wedding, we had to lock our valuables in the trunk of the car.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

I'm sorry about the problems you had with your TV! Do you happen to remember what room you were in? If so, please let me know; we'd like to get it back up and running as soon as possible.

That said, I'll keep your comment on the safe in mind. The last thing we want is for anyone to be concerned about their valuables when they leave their rooms, so adding a security measure just might be the thing to do!

Very best,

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as we were attending a wedding. I found the room to be immaculately clean and I loved the décor. I would have liked to have some of the furniture pieces in my home, especially, the secretary's desk with the carvings and inlays. We did have an issue with the large flat screen tv. The remote did not work well and it was necessary to stand in front of the tv to turn it on and off, defeating the purpose of the remote. The bathroom was spotless. even the grout between the tiles was white with no signs of mildew or discoloration. My only criticism was that the shower stall was very cramped and the water poured straight down. It would have been nice if a hand held sprayer were in there rather than the one that was attached to the separate bath tub. We learned, upon arrival, that the indoor pool was closed and we were encouraged to use the outdoor pool. But, with the strong blowing wind and temperatures in the low 60s, that idea was not very inviting. Despite these minor inconveniences, the Inn/Hotel itself is beautiful and every member of the staff was friendly and extremely accommodating. We had two dinners there and thought the food was delicious. The filet mignon was just about the best I ever had. We were disappointed in the brunch and felt the price was a little stiff for the offerings.
All in all, I would recommend Saybrook Point Inn as a beautiful getaway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HG425

Thanks for your recommendation! Although I'm sorry your remote wasn't working, I'm relieved to hear that didn't keep you from enjoying your stay. I hope you'll think of us next time you're planning a getaway!

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I booked the spa package as a birthday present for my husband. What a terrific surprise! The hotel decor is classic and beautiful, the food was excellent, and the spa was cozy an intimate. The room was just perfect. My husband was very pleased with the massage and my facial was great. We will definitively come back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

What a delightful review! Thanks for celebrating your husband's birthday with us, and thanks for following up with such a thoughtful recommendation. We'd love to have you back again soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Weekend overnight and a wonderful place to stay. The room was very large, clean and lovely. I liked the décor and did not find it outdated. It was actually up dated since the last time we went to the Inn. The view was nice with a small balcony. It was too cold to sit outside. All staff was attentive and accommodating the entire time. We did not use the pool or health club. We were there for the spa, to eat, and relax. The restaurant now called "Fresh Salt" was good and we ate and drank all our meals there. We meet 2 other couples in the bar and laughed so loud I am sure others wondered what we doing! The spa outstanding. The room had a real fire place and we enjoyed the staff member who came to lite the fire for us. Room service was timely and again pleasant.
In the hallway you could hear people in their rooms laughing. But inside our room we could not hear anything so we had a great nights sleep. In room 222 the phone would not connect to some of the extensions but room service made the transfers to the correct departments. I enjoyed the Inn and would return again.

Room Tip: Look for packages or specials before booking your stay. We did not but saw and heard others who did...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

This is just what we like to hear, Faith! Although I'm sorry you had trouble with your phone, I'm glad our room service staff was able to help you out. I'll make sure everything is in working order in 222 as soon as possible!

Until next time,

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I disagree with the other review complaining about the attitude of the restaurant staff, I guess it also depends on your attitude when you requesst something.. Let's start off saying that Fresh Salt has delicious and fresh food and a great atmosphere, and I am sure in summer is even nicer! My husband and I initially thought about trying out different restaurants during our stay, but since the food was great and the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus were very different from one another we decided to have all the meals there; people and staff were super friendly, service was good and they even created a special dinner entree for me upon request while my husband enjoyed a variety of fresh seafood dishes. The hotel itself is nice, our room was on the third floor with some water views and a working fireplace inside; the bathroom had double sinks and a two person jacuzzi, nicely decorated. Plenty of towels, so that we didn't have to call downstairs to request additional ones; the only bad thing is that the bathtub didn't have an actual faucet and it took a long time to fill up. Yes, the place could use some renovations here and there but overall everything was very functional and the furniture was lovely, a traditional setting which was exactly what I was looking for. We didn't have any noise issue at night but you can actually hear everything when someone passes in the hallway, maybe they could sound proof the place a little better. If you come from the city and expect the place to be a modern and super luxurious property maybe this is not the right place for you, but if you look for a really nice setting to unwind and a team of friendly people who treat you like family then you definitely need to check it out.. And it was really nice meeting and chatting with Mrs. Pratt! Yes, it is a little expensive but we had such a nice and relaxing time that it was well worth it.. We will probably be back very soon!

• Stayed: March 2014

I'm delighted to hear your stay at our place was just what you needed! The folks over at our restaurant will be just as thrilled with your recommendation as I am. We can't wait to have you back!

Until next time,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Well it has been just about a year since my last visit. I really am happy to report that not much has changed. Great place to go. Food there was excellent. I did use the spa and had a terrific massage from Ron. Only God knows the aches and pains this fellow was able to take of. Had lunch there. Food was quite good. The barman was not there when I sat down and I finally asked for service. He was going to finish off the order and I had to stop him to tell him that was not what I ordered. He got a little upset with the young lady and tried to tell the hostess that he was getting an order ready Ah not a big deal. My problem was berating a fellow employee in front of a customer. Not a big deal. Service for the entire weekend was pleasant, not rushed. .

Room Tip: In the summer there is one room available in their dock, Not sure of the rates. IO expect them to...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thanks for coming back to see us, Gerald! It sounds like you enjoyed yourself just as much as you did on your first visit, and I couldn't be happier to hear it. Next time you're planning a getaway, I hope you'll keep us in mind!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Saybrook
#1 of 13 in Mystic
Hilton Mystic
Hilton Mystic
#5 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!