“What a breath of fresh air”

Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Morristown, New Jersey
“What a breath of fresh air”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

The staff the highlight, and I wasn't even trying to pay attention. All lovely and friendly and helpful. I had to drag myself out of remarkably comfortable bed. Free bikes in good shape, easy walks or rides along the coast, good gym, terrific attached farm to table restaurant. Rooms bountiful in space and amenities. What a treat, and we're so rejuvenated after 2 nights there.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Your recommendation is a breath of fresh air! Thanks so much for following up with us after your stay. I'll be sure to pass your kind words along to our staff!

Until next time,
Andy, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Yesterday we were invited to "Preview" the new Three Stories addition to the Saybrook Point Inn in Old Saybrook CT.
The Three stories is a restoration of a historic home across the street from the Inn, It has spectacular views of the Connecticut River and Long Island Sound and each room is unique on to itself. Bathrooms are fantastic as are the "public rooms"
What a great place for a spectacular wedding party or for a business retreat.
The owners have done an amazing job of creating a unique guest house that has all the aspects of a private home.
Bravo Saybrook Point Inn you have done it again

Room Tip: Any room in Three Stories will be an "experience"
3 Thank ramong43
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thanks for stopping by for a preview, and thanks for taking the time to spread the word about our new addition! I'm delighted to hear you were so impressed with the Three Stories. Hope to have you by for a staycation soon!

Best,
Rocky Point, New York
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I just got back from a "Girls' Getaway" at the Saybrook Point inn & Spa. It was perfect in every way. As part of the package myself and six of my friends stayed in luxurious rooms with two queen beds, working fireplace and balconies overlooking the water. We received free tee shirts (well made) a bottle of wine on ice when we arrived, a spa treatment ($118 value) and a full breakfast.
Everyone raved about every detail of our stay. We had lunch and dinner at the Inn in a cozy room with a fireplace overlooking the water. The food and service were outstanding. The spa services were the best any of us had ever had. The included breakfast was a full breakfast menu with any add on that we desired.
It was too cool to use the outdoor seating or pool, but it looked great!
We are Long Island girls and took the Pt Jefferson ferry to Bridgeport. From there is was less than an hour drive to the Inn.
A great getaway, Might bring my husband there for a romantic weekend.

1 Thank jillmar61
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Reading that your girls' trip to our inn "was perfect in every way" absolutely made my day! Thanks so much for thinking of us when you were planning your getaway. I do hope you'll bring your husband back to see what we're all about!

Safe travels,
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My partner and I spent Friday and Saturday evenings at the inn because we were attending a wedding on Saturday evening. We had a wonderful time. We ate Friday night dinner in the hotel dining room and the food and service was excellent. The room and furnishings were lovely and everthing was spotless. I have only two complaints. We had difficulty turning the TV on and someone came to look at it right away and it began working but then when we wanted to watch it in the evening, we couldn't get sound on any of the network stations. Since it was late, we didn't want to call the front desk. The room didn't have a safe which was very inconvenient. When we left the room for the wedding, we had to lock our valuables in the trunk of the car.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
I'm sorry about the problems you had with your TV! Do you happen to remember what room you were in? If so, please let me know; we'd like to get it back up and running as soon as possible.

That said, I'll keep your comment on the safe in mind. The last thing we want is for anyone to be concerned about their valuables when they leave their rooms, so adding a security measure just might be the thing to do!

Very best,
Massapequa Park, New York
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as we were attending a wedding. I found the room to be immaculately clean and I loved the décor. I would have liked to have some of the furniture pieces in my home, especially, the secretary's desk with the carvings and inlays. We did have an issue with the large flat screen tv. The remote did not work well and it was necessary to stand in front of the tv to turn it on and off, defeating the purpose of the remote. The bathroom was spotless. even the grout between the tiles was white with no signs of mildew or discoloration. My only criticism was that the shower stall was very cramped and the water poured straight down. It would have been nice if a hand held sprayer were in there rather than the one that was attached to the separate bath tub. We learned, upon arrival, that the indoor pool was closed and we were encouraged to use the outdoor pool. But, with the strong blowing wind and temperatures in the low 60s, that idea was not very inviting. Despite these minor inconveniences, the Inn/Hotel itself is beautiful and every member of the staff was friendly and extremely accommodating. We had two dinners there and thought the food was delicious. The filet mignon was just about the best I ever had. We were disappointed in the brunch and felt the price was a little stiff for the offerings.
All in all, I would recommend Saybrook Point Inn as a beautiful getaway.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HG425
Thanks for your recommendation! Although I'm sorry your remote wasn't working, I'm relieved to hear that didn't keep you from enjoying your stay. I hope you'll think of us next time you're planning a getaway!

Safe travels,
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I booked the spa package as a birthday present for my husband. What a terrific surprise! The hotel decor is classic and beautiful, the food was excellent, and the spa was cozy an intimate. The room was just perfect. My husband was very pleased with the massage and my facial was great. We will definitively come back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
What a delightful review! Thanks for celebrating your husband's birthday with us, and thanks for following up with such a thoughtful recommendation. We'd love to have you back again soon!

Best wishes,
Connecicut
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Weekend overnight and a wonderful place to stay. The room was very large, clean and lovely. I liked the décor and did not find it outdated. It was actually up dated since the last time we went to the Inn. The view was nice with a small balcony. It was too cold to sit outside. All staff was attentive and accommodating the entire time. We did not use the pool or health club. We were there for the spa, to eat, and relax. The restaurant now called "Fresh Salt" was good and we ate and drank all our meals there. We meet 2 other couples in the bar and laughed so loud I am sure others wondered what we doing! The spa outstanding. The room had a real fire place and we enjoyed the staff member who came to lite the fire for us. Room service was timely and again pleasant.
In the hallway you could hear people in their rooms laughing. But inside our room we could not hear anything so we had a great nights sleep. In room 222 the phone would not connect to some of the extensions but room service made the transfers to the correct departments. I enjoyed the Inn and would return again.

Room Tip: Look for packages or specials before booking your stay. We did not but saw and heard others who did...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
This is just what we like to hear, Faith! Although I'm sorry you had trouble with your phone, I'm glad our room service staff was able to help you out. I'll make sure everything is in working order in 222 as soon as possible!

Until next time,
#2 of 7 in Old Saybrook
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!