“Saybrook Point Inn”

Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Saybrook Point Inn sits right on Long Island Sound in the nicest part of Old Saybrook. Katherine Hepburn's former estate can be seen just a short stroll away but the shopping area of the town requires a drive, although there is not much there. The inn is well run, clean, quiet with generous sized rooms and comfortable beds. Their restaurant serves good quality meals, not gourmet, but still very tasty and with attentive service. Expensive but there are discount combination offers for the spa and restaurant, though not on holiday weekends.

We have tried several hotels and B & Bs in the area on our trips to Goodspeed Opera House in East Haddam and this is the best choice, by far. The only caution for guests is that the inn is a popular wedding venue and might get a bit noisy on those nights, especially in the warmer months when wedding noisemakers use the patio overlooking the harbor.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thanks for recommending us, Alexander! I've no doubt other reviewers will appreciate your attention to detail just as much as I do. Hope to have you back to see our new Three Stories addition soon!

'Til then,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Recently, I approached both the owner, Stephen and the GM, Andy regarding a concern and problem I had encountered. Well, on a Sunday night, I received a personal phone call from Stephen assuring me that my concerns were heard. Next day... an email from the general manager, Andy, SOLVING my issue. Customer service, responsiveness and personal touch.. separating the chain resorts from the locally owned hotels/spas. Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue5363
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

The pleasure was all ours! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to address your concern, and thanks for following up with such a thoughtful recommendation. If there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to call or email us!

Best,
Andy

Reviewed 13 May 2014

What an amazing stay! We booked a room for our anniversary and it was just amazing. The spa services were above and beyond, the room was perfect in every way and the food, bar and people just made you feel like a king and queen. Wish I could move in!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ravenwood11
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thanks for celebrating with us, and thanks for following up with such a delightful recommendation! Reading that you wish you could move into our inn absolutely made my day. Come back and see us again soon!

'Til then,

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The staff the highlight, and I wasn't even trying to pay attention. All lovely and friendly and helpful. I had to drag myself out of remarkably comfortable bed. Free bikes in good shape, easy walks or rides along the coast, good gym, terrific attached farm to table restaurant. Rooms bountiful in space and amenities. What a treat, and we're so rejuvenated after 2 nights there.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Your recommendation is a breath of fresh air! Thanks so much for following up with us after your stay. I'll be sure to pass your kind words along to our staff!

Until next time,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Yesterday we were invited to "Preview" the new Three Stories addition to the Saybrook Point Inn in Old Saybrook CT.
The Three stories is a restoration of a historic home across the street from the Inn, It has spectacular views of the Connecticut River and Long Island Sound and each room is unique on to itself. Bathrooms are fantastic as are the "public rooms"
What a great place for a spectacular wedding party or for a business retreat.
The owners have done an amazing job of creating a unique guest house that has all the aspects of a private home.
Bravo Saybrook Point Inn you have done it again

Room Tip: Any room in Three Stories will be an "experience"
3  Thank ramong43
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thanks for stopping by for a preview, and thanks for taking the time to spread the word about our new addition! I'm delighted to hear you were so impressed with the Three Stories. Hope to have you by for a staycation soon!

Best,

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I just got back from a "Girls' Getaway" at the Saybrook Point inn & Spa. It was perfect in every way. As part of the package myself and six of my friends stayed in luxurious rooms with two queen beds, working fireplace and balconies overlooking the water. We received free tee shirts (well made) a bottle of wine on ice when we arrived, a spa treatment ($118 value) and a full breakfast.
Everyone raved about every detail of our stay. We had lunch and dinner at the Inn in a cozy room with a fireplace overlooking the water. The food and service were outstanding. The spa services were the best any of us had ever had. The included breakfast was a full breakfast menu with any add on that we desired.
It was too cool to use the outdoor seating or pool, but it looked great!
We are Long Island girls and took the Pt Jefferson ferry to Bridgeport. From there is was less than an hour drive to the Inn.
A great getaway, Might bring my husband there for a romantic weekend.

1  Thank jillmar61
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Reading that your girls' trip to our inn "was perfect in every way" absolutely made my day! Thanks so much for thinking of us when you were planning your getaway. I do hope you'll bring your husband back to see what we're all about!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My partner and I spent Friday and Saturday evenings at the inn because we were attending a wedding on Saturday evening. We had a wonderful time. We ate Friday night dinner in the hotel dining room and the food and service was excellent. The room and furnishings were lovely and everthing was spotless. I have only two complaints. We had difficulty turning the TV on and someone came to look at it right away and it began working but then when we wanted to watch it in the evening, we couldn't get sound on any of the network stations. Since it was late, we didn't want to call the front desk. The room didn't have a safe which was very inconvenient. When we left the room for the wedding, we had to lock our valuables in the trunk of the car.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

I'm sorry about the problems you had with your TV! Do you happen to remember what room you were in? If so, please let me know; we'd like to get it back up and running as soon as possible.

That said, I'll keep your comment on the safe in mind. The last thing we want is for anyone to be concerned about their valuables when they leave their rooms, so adding a security measure just might be the thing to do!

Very best,

Sound View Greenport
#1 of 7 in Greenport
Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa
Cliffside Resort Condominiums

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!