I stayed at the Saybrook Point Inn & Spa from June 22 to June 24th 2014. Upon arrival I was impressed the exterior of the hotel and the grounds. Everything was very clean and well manicured. There were bicycles for use by hotel guests and an electric car charging station right next to the front entry.
Check in was smooth and quick. The front desk attendant was extremely friendly and answered several questions that I had. The lobby is small but well appointed, it felt like someone’s living room.
I stayed in room 301. What a fantastic room I had. There was an areas with the coffee maker and glasses and a small refrigerator. There was a large dresser with lots of storage space and a very large flat screen TV on the wall. The room also had a working fireplace and two very comfortable chars to relax in. The room had a large desk and another small round table with two chars to eat at. There was a sliding door (with a screen) that leas out to a small balcony with another set of chairs and table overlooking the harbor. The bed was a large four poster queen size bed with lots of comfortable pillows. I felt like I was in my own hose and not a hotel.
The bathroom was huge. Double sinks with plenty of soap, shampoo, and lotion. Blow-dryer, and towels for the pool if needed. The bathroom had a very large bath tub and a spate shower.
The event staff were awesome & professional. They took care of us for each meal during our meetings. The service out on the patio for our lobster and clam bake dinner was excellent.
The restaurant on site is called Fresh Salt. The food was very good and the service excellent. We had drinks in the bar area several times and every employee was great. Out on the patio they have a large fire pit surrounded by a bar and stools. A perforce place to relax after a long day. Several nights a week they have a live band out on the patio with dancing.
Overall the value was great and the service excellent. This would be a great hotel for a wedding or other special event.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is a AAA Four Diamond Southern Connecticut hotel, recently designated as a green hotel. We offer gracious accommodations, Four Diamond dining, a luxurious spa, and a gorgeous shoreline view. Enjoy classic intimacy in elegant rooms featuring balconies, water views and glowing fireplaces. We are a pet friendly hotel.Amenities include a luxurious spa, our health club offering indoor and outdoor pools, modern fitness equipment, sun decks, sauna and exercise classes. Our marina can accommodate vessels up to 200 feet and offers a floating gas dock and expert staff. We also have onsite dining at Fresh Salt Restaurant, offering exquisite service and waterfront ambiance. We offer meeting rooms and space, planning and catering for events.Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is conveniently located only two hours from New York City and one hour from Bradley International Airport. Our inn is at the mouth of the Connecticut River, with panoramic views of Long Island Sound, and only steps from the heart of historic Old Saybrook and a colorful host of antique shops, theatres, brand name outlets and casinos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Saybrook Point Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saybrook Point Hotel Old Saybrook
- Saybrook Point Inn And Spa
- Old Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Old
- Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Inn Spa