My husband and I have spent the past few years at this Inn for our anniversary weekend and it never disappoints. The staff welcomes us by name, congratulates us on our anniversary, and seems very genuine in their desire to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The front desk staff knows the area in and out and recommends great restaurants and places to go.
The rooms are extremely clean (and we are picky people when it comes to cleanliness) and spacious. There are always plenty of towels, etc. If you can get a room with a view of the Sound, I highly recommend it. The first year we stayed overlooking the parking lot, and while the room as was pretty inside, the view was lacking. Seeing the fountain and lighthouse is so romantic!
The Terra Mar restaurant on site is worth every penny! The menu is small but the food is superb. Breakfast is included if you buy into one of the many 'packages" available, and we feel it's worth the money also for special occasions-especially in the cold of winter when leaving the premises isn't the best option.
The spa is great, too. Professional, clean, and attentive.
The gym is small, as is the indoor pool. But both are plenty adequate for a short stay.
The only negative (and it's a minor one) is that the TV's do not offer any movie channels (HBO, etc or even pay per view). Selection is limited because of this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is a AAA Four Diamond Southern Connecticut hotel, recently designated as a green hotel. We offer gracious accommodations, Four Diamond dining, a luxurious spa, and a gorgeous shoreline view. Enjoy classic intimacy in elegant rooms featuring balconies, water views and glowing fireplaces. We are a pet friendly hotel.Amenities include a luxurious spa, our health club offering indoor and outdoor pools, modern fitness equipment, sun decks, sauna and exercise classes. Our marina can accommodate vessels up to 200 feet and offers a floating gas dock and expert staff. We also have onsite dining at Fresh Salt Restaurant, offering exquisite service and waterfront ambiance. We offer meeting rooms and space, planning and catering for events.Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is conveniently located only two hours from New York City and one hour from Bradley International Airport. Our inn is at the mouth of the Connecticut River, with panoramic views of Long Island Sound, and only steps from the heart of historic Old Saybrook and a colorful host of antique shops, theatres, brand name outlets and casinos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Saybrook Point Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saybrook Point Hotel Old Saybrook
- Saybrook Point Inn And Spa
- Old Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Old
- Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Inn Spa