We recently traveled to Old Saybrook to stay for a couple of nights at the Saybrook Point Inn & Spa. Given its location right on the marina and the way in which the hotel's website portrays the property, we were tremendously disappointed by the outdoor pool area. The pool filter / pump were apparently off, because the water was stagnant and slimy, and the pool liner visibly hadn't been cleaned in a while. Additionally, all of the pool furniture was also dirty (both the plastic frames and the cushions) and very uncomfortable. Not to dwell on this topic, but seeing as how this property has a prime waterfront location, and people on their boats and yachts conceivably dock to hang out at the hotel's pool, you'd expect it to be in prime condition. And don't get me started on the indoor pool area - the air in the room where it's located was just plain wet. Enough said.
The spa was overall a pretty nice experience. The relaxation room is not very secluded, so any noise coming from the salon just a few feet away, or from people walking down the hall can be disruptive. The treatment rooms are not adequately isolated for sound protection, so any conversation or noise from passers-by in the hallway is part of your massage.
The room was very spacious and nice, a definite step up from the common areas like the pool. The bathroom in particular was laid out to maximize space and comfort, with a separate soaking tub & glass-enclosed shower. I don't know if the rooms warrant the peak summer rate they demand even on a weekday, as they aren't all that spectacular, but location contributes to the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is a AAA Four Diamond Southern Connecticut hotel, recently designated as a green hotel. We offer gracious accommodations, Four Diamond dining, a luxurious spa, and a gorgeous shoreline view. Enjoy classic intimacy in elegant rooms featuring balconies, water views and glowing fireplaces. We are a pet friendly hotel.Amenities include a luxurious spa, our health club offering indoor and outdoor pools, modern fitness equipment, sun decks, sauna and exercise classes. Our marina can accommodate vessels up to 200 feet and offers a floating gas dock and expert staff. We also have onsite dining at Fresh Salt Restaurant, offering exquisite service and waterfront ambiance. We offer meeting rooms and space, planning and catering for events.Saybrook Point Inn & Spa is conveniently located only two hours from New York City and one hour from Bradley International Airport. Our inn is at the mouth of the Connecticut River, with panoramic views of Long Island Sound, and only steps from the heart of historic Old Saybrook and a colorful host of antique shops, theatres, brand name outlets and casinos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Saybrook Point Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saybrook Point Hotel Old Saybrook
- Saybrook Point Inn And Spa
- Old Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Old
- Saybrook Inn
- Saybrook Point Inn Spa