“Great weekend getaway with my significant other”

Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 31 January 2011

If you're a couple and you're looking for a nice, romantic and relaxing place to get away for the weekend, try this place. My girlfriend and I went here in late January. We stayed Friday and Saturday night. Every member of their staff I encountered was friendly and courteous. The room was very large with a nice view, an electric fireplace, a beautiful bed and large flat screen TV. The fitness area was the nicest I've ever seen in a hotel, which isn't saying much because a hotel fitness area usually consists of a broken treadmill and a jump rope, but they had several nice treadmills, a full dumbbell set and some nice weight lifting machines. The pool area was also enjoyable. They have a nice heated indoor pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub; pretty much everything you can ask for at a place like this. While there I received a gentleman's facial and a deep tissue massage, both were very enjoyable and worth the money. We ordered room service both nights we were there. The food was very good. The first night I ordered the filet mignon; it was good, but a bit dry. The second night I ordered the halibut with spinach risotto, it was one of the best meals I've ever eaten. My girlfriend is a vegetarian and they had 2 or 3 items that she could eat, she also thoroughly enjoyed the food. Bottom line, if you're looking for a place in the Connecticut, New York, Mass area to have a fun, relaxing weekend and you're willing to drop about $1000-1500, then this is your place.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Saybrook Point Inn & Spa

Reviewed 27 January 2011

Traveled this past weekend to Saybrook Point Inn in Ct thru Travelzoo. Can't say enough about how great the visit was, from Bobby who showed us to our rooms to my massage therapist. Service, food, location, room all tops!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2011

We go every year for the last 10 years to the Saybrook Point Inn & Spa not only for the relaxing spa but also for the amazing mouth watering Sunday Buffet Brunch. Well this year there was no buffet brunch only a very limited, very expensive a la carte menu. The prices were high and we were told we couldn't vary the menu at all. NO special orders. We could not even order an omlette. What kind of brunch doesn't have omlettes?!!!! The service was terrible. They ran out of iced tea. Instead of the usual $30 per person brunch the bill including the tip came to about $50 a person and we were extremely disappointed with the food. If the brunch buffet doesn't come back once the restaurant is done with the renovations I think my group will search for a spa/brunch weekend elsewhere. The rest of the experience at this hotel is great. Jack and Bobby the bell staff are very friendly and courteous. The front desk and the spa staff are great. The only problem this year was the restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
SaybrookPointMgmt, Front Office Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2011

I apologize for your disappointment in our temporary Sunday Brunch due to the renovation of our Restaurant. Our current plan is to resume our traditional Sunday Brunch upon the opening of our new Restaurant, in early spring.

I thank you for your nice comments on the other departments at our Inn.

Reviewed 22 December 2010

We recently stayed at Saybrook Inn for a family wedding. The entire Inn is gorgeous and everything you would want in a New England getaway. The staff was professional and courteous and we had no issues whatsoever during our stay. The rooms are oversized and the bed was extremely comfortable. They have been able to maintain the "spa" feeling while also creating a home-away-from-home feeling. But the best part about the whole place? Jack! He's extremely kind, knowledgeable, and gives the Inn that extra bit of charm.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2010

Kinda hard to sum up an overnight stay at this fine place.
First ya meet Bobby Brown!
Then Scott, then Jack, and then ALL the fine ladies. too many to name!

think there was a John as well at the coat rack.
Jack took me back and forth to " The Kate " Katherine Hepburn Theatre "

Nothing like it!.

OK, perfect clean tique'd out rooms,, awesome decor' not a bad thing I could find and I used to own a B & B in Torrington Conn sold in 2006,next to Torr Hist Society.

You can eat there or walk to the world famous D & D place.

you cannot go wrong here folks.

awesome people and I even met the owners and did not even know I was speaking to them.

with that-I say great place- enjoy the staff, the place and the amenities! loved it..md

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
SaybrookPointMgmt, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2010

Your thoughtful remembrance of our Inn is appreciated. We are looking forward to the new year and the changes it will bring.

Reviewed 15 November 2010

A friend and myself were there celebrating my 40th birthday. Thanks to the hospitality of the bell man Jack, he made our stay there the best time we ever had. He made sure that we were taken to everywhere we needed safely and was very knowledgable about the area. Everytime we walked through the front lobby he made us feel very warm and welcome. We feel like we made a friend forever. Myself and three other ladies are already looking into coming back in six months. Thanks for a great weekend. There is only one thing that I would change. That would be the color of the Inn. It looks prettier with the gray color instead of the yellow.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We had a wonderful stay for our anniversary. We had booked another place in Madison, CT, but after reading the reviews decided we did not want to get bed bugs. When we called Saybrook Pt we were told that there was only one room available, across from the ballroom where there was a wedding and that it would be very loud. The price we were quoted was quite expensive, but we were desperate.

Much to our VERY happy surprise, when we arrived the night front desk manager found us a room nowhere near the ballroom (I wish I remembered her name- we are very grateful!). She set us up for two nights in a beautiful suite with a STUNNING bathroom, fireplace and our own little deck. It was the Madison Suite on the first floor (room 104) and we walked in, we thought we had died and gone to Heaven! It was spotless, elegant and cozy. We couldn't have been happier!

We had a lovely stay in a great room, the hotel is in a beautiful spot and the town is lovely as well.

I don't know the

Pier Blue Guesthouse
Pier Blue Guesthouse
#3 of 7 in Old Saybrook
Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!