“Good location”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“Good location”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We were in town for a wedding- the bride had set up room blocks for us. We received a reasonable rate, and were told for future visits the AAA discount would be 10%. The lobby was inviting, and the staff was very nice. Our room was ok- felt stuffy and the AC helped a little. The floor looked like it had warped under the carpet- I tripped on bumps a couple times.
The beds were clean and comfy, and the bathroom was clean and well stocked with towels, toiletries and extra TP. Our office chair was a little dirty, but overall we were pleased with the room. The location was great- close to 95 and easy to drive into town.
One of the other couples in our party were across the hall from us and had a very nice room with a fridge and sitting area. We would have liked a fridge...
A few other guests in the party had issues with their rooms- one had to switch rooms due to mold all over the chairs in the room, one couple had a stench in their room that they tolerated, but were not happy with, and another couple had to fix their own toilet because it wouldn't flush when they arrived. When we were checking out I heard one complaint about the plumbing in a shower.
Everyone seemed to enjoy the Comfort Cafe bar/restaurant attached to the hotel.
Overall it was an ok visit- not great, but I would give it another try...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
oldsayci, Owner at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thanks for the review! Your comments will help us improve for the future. Hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Based on a recommendation from a friend, we stayed here recently for two nights. The room was very clean and decorated in a very modern style with comfortable beds and plenty of pillows. The bathroom was very clean. Our room had a microwave, coffeemaker and fridge (which was great for storing cold beverages before we left for the day). We were able to take advantage of the heated swimming pool. The hotel offers a free breakfast which was very good. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and gave us some good suggestions (and directions) for dinner. We would recommend the hotel to others not only for its close proximity to attractions in the area but also for its “Comfort”. We plan on visiting again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
oldsayci, General Manager at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
I just wanted to thank you for the great response. We hope to see you again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We were very pleased at how beautiful and clean the rooms were. The updated décor was soothing, linens very soft; room and bathroom were very clean. We were surprised at the amount of towels in the bathroom (no need to call housekeeping for extras). Our room had a refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. The hotel is perfectly situated and after a long day of traveling, it was great to take a dip in the heated indoor pool, relax on the outside patio and sleep in a comfortable bed. The breakfast room is very nice and the breakfast was tasty. The staff was very helpful. We plan on staying here again and would recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
oldsayci, General Manager at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
I just want to thank you for the great response. I hope you visit us again.

University Heights, OH
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We booked a room at this property for three nights. We were attending a wedding in the next town over, and the Comfort Inn appeared to be the best chain hotel in the area. The room was large - king, non-smoking. Well appointed and very clean. The bathroom was large enough for my wife and I. The first night the a/c unit was very noisy, making it difficult to sleep. In the morning I called the front desk and within ten minutes a maintenance man was there. He thought the unit had either a bad fan or compressor, and was going to replace the whole unit. When we got back from a late breakfast, the unit was pumping out cold air and was very quiet. Well done. During our stay we had no complaints. The room was cleaned and refreshed every day we were there. If we need to visit the area again, we would return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
oldsayci, General Manager at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Thank You Very Much for the great response. I hope you visit again.

Brad Ajello
Fair Lawn NJ
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We were frantic after checking in and out of the hotel down the road that we had booked online. A quick search on trip advisor on our laptop and we realized we were close to this hotel. Still upset after our previous experience down the road, we were welcomed by the manager who pleasantly assisted us in booking a two night stay. Just entering our room brought a huge sigh of relief. It was clean, everything looked new, it had a fridge, microwave and coffeepot, and.........it smelled wonderful! Plus, it included a free breakfast. We were disappointed that we didn't bring our bathing suits because it also has an indoor pool! I am so happy this hotel salvaged out three day vacation in this area. I would recommed it to all.

Room Tip: We chose a room on the first floor which was convenient to parking, breakfast, and the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
oldsayci, General Manager at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
I just wanted to thank you for your great response and hope you stay with us again.

Bradford M Ajello
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2012

7/20/12 approx. 8:30 pm I called the Comfort Inn to ask if there was a room available. I was told there was a smoking room with 2 beds for $149 and a nonsmoking king for $179. I inquired about the senior (AARP) discount and was told it was 10%. I made the reservation for the smoking room even though we do not smoke then my husband and I went to have dinner before going to the hotel. We were on the road for 10 hrs and were exhausted. I checked in and initialed a rate of $151.99 assuming it was the $149 minus the discount plus tax. I was tired and did not question this further. The next morning I noticed the rate of $125 posted on the door of the room. On checking out I questioned this and was told the posted rate did not mean anything and it was the managers decision what to charge for the room. I then was handed my receipt and the total I paid for that room was $174.79. I questioned this and was told by the manager that I initialed the rate so that is what I had to pay. I told him about my conversation via the phone when I made the reservation and he told me the nonsmoking room is $159 and not $149 and the senior discount is only 5%. I guess because we are nonsmokers in a smoking room we still have to pay for a nonsmoking room. At that point I just walked out realizing I had been taken advantage of. A lesson learned for the bargain price of $174.79.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank G S
oldsayci, Manager at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you for contacting me in regards to your recent experience with the Comfort Inn of Old Saybrook. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations and that you had a less than exceptional encounter with Comfort Inn.

We did check the rates that evening and your rate was correct. We also checked the AAA/ and senior discount was 5%

Please contact the hotel to discuss we certainly want to resolve your issue.

Lebanon, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I recieved a gift certificate for this hotel for Christmas. I arrived at the hotel at 11:00am to make a reservation. The desk clerk had no idea what she was doing and the manager, Brad, was no where to be found. After 30minutes of being hasseled about using a gift certificate the desk clerk made the reservation. She stated the room would be ready at 1:00. I left, I called at 1:00 to tell them we wouldnt be there un til 5:00 to check in. I was then told there was a problem with the gift certificate. I asked for the coorporate number, Brad then stated that it would be worked out and that we should still arrive at 5:00 for check in. I asked if I should call first since it was an hour ride to the hotel for us and i had already been there once that day. Brad assured me that the GC was ok and that everything was set. Upon arriving at 5:00, I was told by Brad along with the desk manager Cathy that I could not use that GC, that they do not use them and it was not one of theirs. The manager before Brad was an acquantaince of mine so I called him to find out about the GC. I was assured by him that it was in the computer by the number hat was on it. Brad and Cathy never evcen put that number in the computer they were rude and not helpful at all they wasted my time by having me drive back and forth for no reason!!! The desk clerk was in sweats and flip flops, the lobby was a mess, trash all outside of the building and weeds growing everywhere! STAY AWAY THIS PLACE IS AWEFUL !!!!!!!!!!! Customer service stinks and would never ever recommend to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank bosco8988

Comfort Inn takes great pride in delivering quality service, and I am sorry that you did not receive the service that you deserve.

However it was not a valid certificate, I apologize for any inconveinence.

Bradford M Ajello
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in Niantic
Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook? Share your experiences!