“Ideal for a meal that more than satisfies”
Review of Puerto Vallarta

Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #12 of 82 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Hamden, Connecticut
“Ideal for a meal that more than satisfies”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Wound up going to this Tex-Mex restaurant by accident, but we didn't regret it. First of all, the warm atmosphere drew us in, and the wide selection of choices on the menu made it quite easy for the three of us to find a favorite. What amazed us all the most was the portion sizes. I could not finish even half of my black bean soup starter or Mexican grille dish. The Quesa Mexican Carne Asada was just as filling as well as the Quesa California. The Sopa Frijoles had us sharing plus taking the balance home. Amazed how busy this place was, yet the large staff seemed to be able to handle the crowds comfortably and quickly. The biggest surprise of the evening was the check. Was the least I have spent for a great meal in a long time. The authentic music was also a turn-on!

• Visited January 2014

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“LARGE portions”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

There are several good things about this place. But one that really stood out was the fact that the service portions where LARGE! We went on a Friday night and it was very busy. We waited only 20 minutes for a table for our party of 4. The service was fast, attentive, and helpful. The taste and presentation of every dish was very good. We paid almost $75.00 total without tab. The only set back is that because the restaurant is so packed, the place gets very noisy. Other than that... I will be coming back soon, guaranteed!

• Visited April 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Good food. Great atmosphere. Perfect Guacamole”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I recently visited my mother in CT and knowing my obsession with Mexican food, she took me to this place. The waiting time was approximately 10 minutes, which I found was pretty decent given the restaurant was FULL. We ordered the guacamole and the queso fundido, OMG delicious!!! At first the guacamole was bland, did not taste like anything. But my mother (being my mother lol) told the waitress and they made us a new batch and it was glorious. About the food, the flautas are a very very nice portion and I recommend them. My mom had the tacos al pastor, mehh not that good. Service was prompt and fast. Of all the restaurants I've been to in this area, this is one of the best.

• Visited November 2013
New Haven, Connecticut
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Long wait to get in. Very loud. Nothing really wrong, but food and service just average. More like a fast food joint. Save your time and money and go to an authentic place.

• Visited January 2013
Stamford, Connecticut
“Great Tex-Mex food”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

3 of us went for lunch here on a Saturday. The place was pretty busy, and after trying the food we could see why. We had some of the usual Tex-Mex dishes and everything was delicious. The prices are very reasonable, the quantities are pretty big, and the service was good . Recommended !

• Visited November 2013