“Unexpected! ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

We were told to try Gabriele's from a friend and we were surprised and pleased. Have to go early if you want a seat in the bar. Italian food is consistent and very good. We would travel to come for this restaurant. Great for family, couples, parties and any reason to eat and have a good time. Staff is awesome and friendly. Prices are reasonable and portions large. Salads hearty and full of fresh flavors. Great cappuccino . Lite and dark zambuca if you are so inclined. Apps are large enough to be a meal. Sandwiches looked incredible too. Near Christmas tree shop in Orange CT. Easy parking. Full beer and wine e bat and cold seafood too.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

The food is good. The only thing I don't like is they do not change their menu or the specials appear to be the same on different days. Otherwise it is a good place for couples, bars scene or families.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

We had lunch at Gabriele Restaurant today. It has been quite a while since I've eaten here. The opportunity came up when a work colleague suggested we give it another try. I am happy to report that if you enjoyed this place before you will not be disappointed. Everything is as it was. That's a good thing. Portions are generous. Bread is made in house. Salads are always enjoyable. None of that dreaded iceberg here. Waitstaff is super attentive and professional. Our only complaint is that prices keep creeping up. Lunch prices are almost the same as dinner prices just a few years ago. Restaurants have gotten more expensive for sure. Gabriele is probably still a reliable choice for a satisfying Italian style meal.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

The comment below me couldn't be further from the truth. I come here multiple times a week, and the bread is fresh. ( made every day) The bus boy is one of the best I've ever seen, and the staff pleasant & professional. I recommend chicken Al Pepe or the Chicken Marsala. ( but all dishes are very good) Sometimes I find it insane how self entitled people are. Obviously a party of 16 on a peak night bringing a birthday cake, and not ordering food is going to irritate management anywhere as they need the space for paying customers. Perhaps next time you have an office party and don't want to order food or spend money Macdonalds is the perfect location for that.

1  Thank Ruben M
Reviewed 9 January 2017

1.0 star rating 1/9/2017
By far the worse bar experience I have ever had! Let me start with saying that this is the FIRST review I have ever written but after my experience Friday evening, I felt it was necessary. If you are looking for a place to have a small gathering, stay clear of Gabriele's!

It was my boss's birthday and we choose to have a work happy hour in the bar. Out of courtesy to the restaurant, a coworker had called four days prior and reserved a table for 12 in the bar. We could all feel from the moment we walked in that a large party was not wanted, stares and attitude from the manager and bartenders. There were about 15/16 of us total, the extra who joined sat at the open bar seats. The manager was not happy about this and told us to stay quiet because we only reserved for 12 people not the extra. After singing happy birthday and handing over a cake we ordered, before my boss could even dig into the dessert, the manager came over and asked us to leave as she "needed the table for other customers". At no point during making the reservation did they tell us there was a time limit, I could understand if we were in the dining room or if they told us when we called four days ago. Our party was in the corner of the bar, kept to ourselves, there was no line, and no "other party" waiting to have the table. The staff continued to push us out as they cleaned up, moved chairs, and then the tables around us. Mind you, all of us ordered food and multiple drinks though out the evening. We were high paying customers who live and work in the community, All professional working adults.
I promise you that Gabriele's lost many customers that night.... When you treat your community in such disrespect, it is unforgivable. We will bring our money to another local bar that will be happy to serve us.

3  Thank Christina D